Ratings for Dr. Joel Finkelstein

The most outstanding doctor I have ever had . He is patient and actually cares ! I can’t say more than a 10 out of 10. He saved me a life of pain in my back and leg . His care went pre and post care and way beyond my expectations !!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2018

Staff - Dr. Finkelstein's assistant Trina is the best in the business. She showed genuine concern for the patients in the office, and she was very easy to access when needed. He is lucky to have her! Same goes for all of the residents and fellows working for Dr. Finkelstein. Punctuality - I had to wait several hours past my scheduled appointments time each time I had a consultation. Based on my experience and some brief discussions with other patients, it seems like this is the norm. Basically, don't even bother showing up until an hour after your scheduled appointment, and even then, expect to wait! Helpfulness - This is where it gets ugly. I have no doubt that Dr. Finkelstein is a brilliant surgeon. However, that doesn't give him the right to treat patients the way he does. I did not even meet him until my post-surgery follow up appointment! (He refused to see me during my two pre-surgery visits, and I also did not see him on the day of my surgery.) I'm assuming that he was in the operating room and participating in my surgery, but I'll never know! When I did finally meet him, he could not have been more dismissive and condescending. I had been off of work for 6 months due to my injury. While my problems were likely not complex or interesting to him, he should have taken my questions seriously and addressed them. I waited 3 hours to see him for a follow up. When I finally got in, he asked to see my incision and then said “it looks good, you can go home now”. Stunned, I asked him about any restrictions, whether I needed to do any physiotherapy, etc., and he simply replied “do whatever you want” while smirking. Absolutely useless!! I would have rather been pawned off on a resident like he had done every other visit. Knowledge – Once again, I have no doubts that he is a capable and qualified surgeon. He would not have gotten to where he is today if he was not.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

Dr. Finkelstein saved me. I was crippled with leg pain and couldn't work, or do anything. He saw me with his team and said that surgery would cure me. I had such trust in his manner and advice. Trina was so great and I got to surgery ahead of schedule as she called me that there was a last minute cancellation. I was immediately pain free in my leg and even went home the same day of surgery. Everything was remarkable. I am grateful that I had access to this fantastic doctor.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

I just saw Dr. Finkelstein for a consult and I am scheduled for surgery soon. The consultation was excellent, there were students, a physiotherapist as well as Dr. Finkelstein. It was very professional and he explained everything. I felt very comfortable and I am looking forward to having my laminectomy. There were many other people in the waiting room all had nothing but good things to say about Dr. Finkelstein and his team. Some had surgery and were so positive it made me feel that I was in good hands. (I don't know who all those people who are suing insurance companies but there was none that I saw in the waiting room. In a virtual world I guess people can say and complain about anything they want. I agree with the person below that seems like "fake news".)

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

What a joke all those comments are. Nothing has anything to do with what this website is supposed to be. All those cry babies who are suing their insurers and blaming Dr. Finkelstein for probably saying it for what it is. One comment criticizes him for not being seen and calls him a "coward". And then someone defends him for validating his/her injuries in a car accident. As I said, this is a joke website with no credibility and has lost its way. As we are in the Trump era now, I guess "fake news" is the new mantra. Three stars for Dr. F as I am on the fence.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

I write this comment because I see all the negative comments above and since I was in a car accident my lawyer sent me to see Dr. Finkelstein. I had serious injuries which he confirmed and I settled big time with my insurance company . I thank Dr Finkelstein

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

How this man even has 3 stars is beyond me he's a hired gun for insurance companies and his 5min assessment should not be credible. License should be revoked.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

Refuse to see Dr. Finklestien. He has demoted himself to an insurance companies lackie.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

After fracturing my C2 in a MVA I was sent to Finklestien from the defence attorney. It was obvious in his report he was being paid by a lawyer defending a guilty party. I completely fractured the dense on my C2 and was lucky to survive without paralysis along with many other complicated injuries. Finklestien actually reported that there should be NO pain and NO physical limitations from a c2 fracture. After speaking to several other doctors they all agree his report and opinion is laughable. Dr Finklestien does not care about his patients , he cares about himself and his pay check.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

Hi, I saw Dr.Joel Finkelstein at march of dime in Kirkland Lake, First, It's not even him that checked me, his helper did(Elias Haddad) and hurt me 3 times, he was rude, and they did not explain well the procedures, laugh in our face, I did not like his attitude at all, would not get an operation done by him, and the report was in I think 4 or 5 months after my visit, and he wrote that it was in Cochrane, and it was in Kirkland Lake

flag | Submitted January 13, 2014