Ratings for Dr. Pradeep Balakrishnan

Doesn't care, doesn't listen, doesn't want to help.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2018

:(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

flag | Submitted November 7, 2018

Absolutely insufferable blowhard. If you question anything he says he will raise his voice at you. Gives no options or explanation, only gives you whatever medication he wants to based on zero assessment. Refuses to acknowledge patient autonomy. Should have known he was a disaster from all the terrible, outdated Freud books on his shelf.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2018

I was seeing him about 20 years ago in Brampton! He kept giving me meds meds and more meds just to get me off an benzo med!! Terrible side effects. He blamed me for all my personal family problems!! One session he raised his voice screaming at me..lol freak me out!! I never went back!!I assume this is the same dr and he moved to Victoria, Terrible..messed me up more than helped!!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2018

He spent more time talking than listening. He asked leading questions that forced a yes/no answer to his liking. He was openly contemptuous toward me and was dismissive of my concerns. He did not warn me of the probable side effects of the drugs he prescribed. I've received psychiatric care for 20 years, and I've had my share of poor psychiatrists in that time, but this guy is the pits. I am not surprised at the dearth of positive reviews here.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2018

I do not know how to make any sense of the way I have been treated.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2018

Small-minded doctor sitting behind large desk diddling computer without listening. Lies about drug side-effects. No interest in complimentary or holistic therapies. Lives in a tiny box. Little compassion or empathy. Earns $600,00 per year. He and nurse play "good cop, bad cop" with you while you are in the hot seat. Wears too much mismatched tweed. Snotty. Enjoys using poly-pharmacy while not really knowing where it will take you. To him, all drug side-effects are in your head and not real. Does not relate well to physicians who take care of your physical health care. Thinks that minerals and vitamins have nothing to do with good brain health. Does not like the consumer and family self-help movements as this is a threat to his job. Will not look into any research that you may have done as he thinks only he and the Psychiatric Machine have all the answers. Over medicates. Does not know how to fill out requests for blood work on his own. Only swears by Big Pharma. Find someone else.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

Horrible treatment in hospital. We are all threatened with ECT (electric shock therapy) and forced injections here at Royal Jubilee Hospital here in Victoria, BC. He is mindless and boring. I feel like a slave, forced, bullied, constrained, oppressed, enforcement, harassment, intimidation, threats, arm-twisting, pressure, blackmail, sexual assault, menace, duress, restraint and brow-beating and coercion.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

He clearly does not care. Doesn't listen and is uninterested. Very disappointed with him.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

I am very sensitive to side effects. Balikrishnan heard me say I had horrible side effects for 5 years, and his response was he had to get to know me more in order to decrease the medication. All in all it seems if you cross him he has a temper. I don't think he really cares that much. Typical psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2016