Ratings for Dr. Faizal Meghani

I've been going to this office for about 16 years, and can't imagine going anywhere else. I've never had a bad experience there. The staff is always very friendly, and great with any question I may have. The treatment I've gotten there has always been top quality. I recently had a small chip on a tooth, and the staff worked to get me in the same day and fixed my smile immediately. I'd recommend Dr. Meghani and his wife, Dr. Montkhab to anyone

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

I saw this doctor a few years ago when I was losing my health insurance. I asked him to do everything that he thought needed to be done. He saw a small spot on my back molar that one day could become a cavity. I agreed that you could do a filling now. Big mistake. He did a very very large filling for the "small" area of potential decay. It was a back molar and in the end the molar cracked. I am now several years later paying the price for this doctors incompetence and lack of ethics. I am now likely going to need a root canal. As a side note when I called and reported pain after the procedure, he just denied that the pain would be caused by anything he did, and wouldn't even see me in person again. And a month later I got a bill from my insurance company for $800. Meghani did so much work that my insurance company wouldn't cover all of it -- which made my experience even more soured because I assumed he would work within those limits after knowing I was only there because I was losing my insurance coverage. Do yourself a favour and find a better, less greedy dentist. And if you are reading this D.Meghani, I would quit your job, or attempt to be a better person and more capable and ethical dentist.

Submitted August 11, 2014

I went for a filling and I did not have a bad experience however there were some complications and had to go to see Meghani again. In these visits Meghani did not seem to care and take the time to look into my issue. On one occasion, he made me wait an HOUR to spend a few minutes to examine my filling. It really felt like once he was paid for the original job, he didnt care. I used always go here but now it feels like they just want your money. I had to find another dentist.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2014

Dr Meghani failed to due X-rays prior to determing that the filling actually become large enough to contact the nerve channel and drilled into the tooth for 25 mins and talked to the patient with his mouth full expecting the patient to respond back. The patient with no issues of infection or pain resulted in servere pain after the drilling and temp filling that was place in his tooth waiting to get a specialist to revaluate if the patient need a root canal or not. In the scientific world one would expect an X-ray prior to drilling into a tooth and professional behaviour in helping a patient understand why a procedure is being under taken by the dentist. Discussion with the dentist after the drilling was done which caused the above was futile. The old dental practise was way better and this dental practise is all about making money.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2014

Ever Since Dr. Meghani has taken over this practice, I found that the level of work has gone down. The focus for this new team seems to be how to make money. I got a cavity filled by one of his associates. Had to go back as food was getting stuck, couldn't floss... suggested to get a crown done.... I didn't feel the diagnosis was right so decided to get a second opinion from another dentist in another practice. The new dentist didn't see the need for a crown and re-did my cavity filling which by the way was very poorly done and now no issues!. Oh, and if you walked into Millennium Smiles staff room, they have a white board with a count on how many crowns they have done and what their target number is... I didn't realize that dentist had to achieve a certain number of crowns in a specific time. Very unprofessional, money focused clinic. I wish the original dentist/owner had stayed... Dr. Meghani, please re-assess your ethics and values in your practice. Thank you.

Submitted January 19, 2012