Ratings for Dr. Katherine A. Brown

Dr. Brown delivered my first child in 1998. I was 19 years old and on State provided insurance. I received the worst care from her imaginable. She was very condescending, at one point I had gained quite a bit of weight and she told me I was going to be as big as a house when I delivered my baby (a simple referral to a nutritionist or help would have been more appropriate) and even scolded me for calling an ambulance at one point (I thought I was in labor) for wasting tax payers dollars. Never prepared me for anything and treated me as a bother or not worthy. Here is what she did not know because she never took the time to get to know me and only looked at me as a welfare recipient. I was homeless until I went to see her. I slept in my car and saved up money and rented my first apartment. I had probably gained so much weight because I had very little money and eating unhealthy was cheap at times I had nothing to eat. The man I was with (my son’s father) was high abusive and we had a no contact order that is still in place today because of how violet he was. He was all I had because he made sure of that. I worked a full time job, so I was a tax payer at that time. I walked a half mile to and from the bus stop every day (my car was sold by this point) and worked on my feet eight hours a day. When I called the ambulance it was because I had no car, was miles to the nearest hospital and had no family in my life at that point, scared and alone. The way she looked at me that day and belittled me about the ambulance still is with me today. Like, I wasn’t worth the ride. Also, I did not receive any other benefits expect medical. After I had my son I reconnected with my family and started to get my life on track. How my life has changed since 1998! I met my husband of 14 years and we are having our 3 child together. I put myself through college graduated with national honors, I manage a dental office, have worked and paid taxes since 1998, only received food stamps 6 months in my entire life ( years ago) and have come leaps and bounds since then. We have a beautiful family all our children are over achievers. Just a friendly reminder, don’t write people off at 19, they might surprise you. Also, don’t ever judge someone by what you may see in front of you. If you are going to take state provided insurance, do not punish the patient for it (I know you receive a much lower payment for these patients) however, that was you choice to accept it. . I am walking proof that anyone can change their life, even coming from a minus.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

Horrible experience! Felt like she could care less, made no eye contact, cold, zero warmth. I didn't go back!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2011

Good luck getting her office to respond to her patients in a timely manner.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2011

I have been a patient for about 3 months. Every time i see her she hardly gives me eye contact. She tells me that I do not need to see pictures of what are growing inside me which I find weird cause its my body. She still can't explain why I'm hurting so bad all the time. She spends the apt on her computer which I find very disrespectful and bad bed side manners. BUT she did send me to an amazing reproductive specialist. If I had insurance I would switch doctors.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2011

She is an amazing doctor. I have been a patient of hers since 1999. Before and after my first pregnancy. She also recommended an excellent fertility doctor. I would recommend her to anyone. Her practice is busy, so don't plan on getting in and out of her office during your appointment. She likes her work and it shows!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2009

Dr. Katherine Brown has been my OB now for my third child, she delivers only out of Tuality and all though I don't much care for Tuality, I would not go to anyone else.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2009

She saw me through a very scary twin pregnancy with one very sick twin. Her care was compassionate & professional. She made sure every detail was accounted for. Even when the news was bad, she made sure I was informed of the risks that might come up. Because of her, my pregnancy was a whole lot less stressful than it could have been. Dr. Brown represents the best of the MD's with her ability to bring awesome bedside manner to a medically daunting, high risk pregnancy. My one low mark is on timeliness, because she does a one-woman practice. C-sections and emergencies throw her schedule into knots. But she's well worth the wait.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Katherine A. Brown's Credentials

• OREGON HEALTH SCIENCES UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1989)

Avmed