Ratings for Dr. John Curanovic

I have seen Dr Curanovic for years and I would not go anywhere else. He listens which is not always the case these days with professioals. He has treated all my conditions accurately. I trust his judgement and kindness. Very good doctor!!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2018

I never write reviews for anything, let alone a for services on a doctor. However, the experience that I had today compels me to write one for the first time. Today was THE single most frustrating doctor appointment I’ve ever had and the worst display of customer/patient service I’ve ever encountered. I was told today that Dr. Curanovic would not see me as I was past the 15 minute grace period for check in. Please note that was actually only 12 minutes late when I walked in the door and had to wait several minutes behind an elderly couple to complete their checkout process (which took a while… they had lots of questions). However, the office staff then preceded to debate me on my arrival time as to whether I was actually a minute or two under or over the 15 minute line… hmmm, ok, really? I explained to them that I am out of town frequently for my consulting work so I have to well plan for appointments and I that I had rearranged several client meetings today and passed on an out-of-town request to make this appointment today. Keep in mind, this was the first time that I was actually late for an appointment at this office… and have many time waited 45 minutes or longer before they called me back (I guess their time is much more important than the patient’s). Regardless, the staff acted as if they could care less but rather wanted to debate me… all the while acting in an unprofessional manner, smiling to each other and one assistant actually rolling her eyes at me. After I asked to speak with the Dr., I was told that they checked with him and he confirmed that I would not be seen due to policy and that I could not speak to him as he was “in a meeting”. I truly cannot believe that any physician would treat a long-time patient who was a referral from a good friend of his and who refers others to him in such an unprofessional manner. It was truly a disappointing, frustrating experience… prior to this, I actually thought Dr. Curanovic was very pleasant before this experience. So now I’ll be switching to a new doctor… one which I’m sure will have a much cleaner office and a more professional staff. For Dr. Curanovic’s patients, I would encourage you to take the 15 min cutoff very, very seriously and possibly even allow an extra time just in case there is an elderly couple in front of you that you don’t want to knock over to get your check in under their apparent very hard line policy.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2018

If I could give Dr. C. 10 stars then I would. He's an amazing doctor and the most caring doctor I have ever known. I'm beyond shocked that ANYONE would have a single bad thing to say about him, but as we all know people LOVE LOVE LOVE to talk smack so I suppose I shouldn't be shocked, but don't believe a word of it! Another beautiful thing is that he takes Medicare because he loves people and believes all deserve the same level of medical care. Now THAT is just one example of how great he is. I love him so much that my entire family have become patients as well. Please give him a try ... not only is his bedside manner beyond wonderful, he is brilliant, kind and has zero ego!!! I couldn't ask for a better Primary - PERIOD!!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

Met Dr C sbout 14 yrs ago. He saved my life. He has the best bedside manners of any Dr I have evrr met. He is currently mine n my husband's Dr. Vrry honest and really takes his time with all his patients. I call him my guardian angel. Great Dr and would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Curanovic for about 5 years. He always takes as much time with you as needed and his staff is excellent.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

I have been going to Dr Curanovic for 8 years, and I thought he was great. But, since 2012 the visits are horrible. Not because of Dr. C, but the staff is so rude and put off for coming in. I would rather go to the DMV to renew my license, than to go back to Dr. Curanovic's office. I saw that someone else posted about Phyllis. I don't know if that is the same nurse that I am talking about, but I could have cut and pasted that post, explains it all ! Until Dr. C replaces his staff, I will not go back.

Submitted August 28, 2013

flag | Submitted September 6, 2012

I would not recommend this doctor at all. If he got rid of his front office staff it would be much better. They make you feel like you are disturbing them, not like you are the reason they have a job. The worst is Phyllis if she does not like you she will tell you that you have to pay all charges up front to be seen, even if you have insurance. Just to keep you from coming in. I refuse to go back there after having to deal with her.

Submitted July 16, 2012

Dr seemed too quick to push pills to me. He kept me on Lipitor well after my cholesterol levels were well BELOW normal range. He did not keep promises made to me.

Submitted December 21, 2009

Dr. C is amazing. He will sit there with you and explain anything you need for as long as it takes. I love him him and will drive as far as I have to to keep him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2009

Dr. John Curanovic's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

I moved to Rockwall when I was 15 years old and have considered it home ever since. I am honored to be able to provide care for the people in my community.

• English

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 2001)
  • Ross University (Grad. 1998)

• Diabetes
  • High blood pressure (hypertension)
  • High cholesterol
  • Obesity
  • Male hypogonadism
  • Acute sinusitis
  • Bronchitis
  • Asthma
  • Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid)

• most com