Ratings for Dr. Patricia C. Nevius

I've been taking my twins to Dr. Nevius for 7 months now. She is very knowledgable and our babies adore her! She has always been very warm towards us but she can be very to the point when she needs to be. I will take a doctor that knows her stuff over a bubbly doctor who is clueless any day.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2014

Our family has been utilizing this pediatric practice for 26 years. Dr. Nevius came on board about 3 years into our relationship with the practice. She is consistently rude, speaks in a demeaning manner to parents, cannot be bothered with questions (guess that's beneath her). I go out of my way to go to another office or will wait longer to see a different physician if I discover that she is at the office where my children's charts are kept. Fortunately, this practice has several other excellent options to Dr. Nevius.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2009

It is rare to find a doctor who will carefully listen and sincerely work with you, and Dr. Nevius is no exception. I might be a young mother and have no medical training, but I do know my children probably better than she does. I always leave her office feeling like I've just been talked down to. I switched to another doctor after she ordered some forms (paperwork for school) that my child didn't need. I didn't ask for the forms; she didn't ask me if I needed them, she just ordered them after the exam and then charged me full price because it wasn't covered by my insurance.

Submitted February 5, 2009

Dr. Nevius is wonderful! She is very thorough and loveing with my son, she answers any and all questions and offers helpful information on future needs or standards. She works with each child indovidualy and helps bring out their best as opposed to rating them again textbook standards. I could not ask for a better Doctor for my child.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2008

I have been my two boys to see Dr. Nevius since my 4 yr old was born. Although she may sometimes come across as a bit stern, she is wonderful. I was having difficulty nursing. She showed me how to solve the problem and I went on to nurse both my boys with no more issues. Furthermore, my kids love her too. Being stern is fine as long as you are receiving great care for your kids. And as far as the meds are concerned, I have personally never experienced her "pushing" medicine.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2007

I have a child with several medical problems. Dr. Nevius was very good at attending to those issues. However, she lacks any sort of positive attitude or decent bedside manner. She possesses a disposition which makes a parent feel terrible upon leaving her office (I felt this on MANY occasions). Once, she even told me I was neglecting my daughter because I didn't want her on yet more medicine (she's on many - all of which are mandatory) if it could be helped. I was told, in no uncertain terms, that if I was a better mother, I would do it. What??? Better mother? Well, this mother just took her business elsewhere.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2006

Dr. Patricia C. Nevius's Credentials

• George Washington Univ Sch Of Med & Hlth Sci, Washington Dc 20037 (Grad. 1976)