Ratings for Dr. Gay M. Walker

Dr. Walker has come up with creative ways to help me. She is very knowledgeable and able to explain her decisions clearly. While I would prefer more eye contact, her expertise and excellent clinical judgment are more important to me. I trust that her recommendations reflect the best in medical practice.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

I liked Dr walker at first. I thought she had an interest in me as a patient. I realized she was only asking questions for my medical history. She spends her time on the computer average 20 min. She no longer listens to me at all!! When she is mad at me it is difficult to get my meds or referrals. She has turned out to be just an ordinary, mediocre doctor. I have no faith or trust in her. She likes her computer more than her patients. Like most patients her icy exterior says a lot about her. I use her for referrals and that is all. If I am lucky to find a good Dr I will leave lickety split.I do not recommend her to anyone

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

I am surprised by these reviews. Dr. Walker is not warm and fuzzy but she's very personable and we talk a lot when I have appointments. She is prompt in responding to messages through the Scripps online portal and has suggested treatment options I wasn't aware of, and does research to make sure that she is up to date with various meds. I am very satisfied with her as my PCP.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

She didn't even test my blood on my last physical. I am changing doctors.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2014

On behalf of my elderly mother, we give Dr. Walker a "0" for bedside manner, which is very, very important. She is so busy typing on her computer during appointments rather than interacting with the patient. Dr. never once has spoken to my mother on the phone when problem has arisen. Of course we realize office staff does often call back, but the doctor never does. We are currently looking for another doctor.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

She has no bedside manner at all. Scripps clinic is the absolute worst for red tape. Receptionists are cold and uncaring. God forbid you need to talk to someone on the weekend. I've been seeing her for years. She took over for Jamie Switzer, who was wonderful. Dr. Walker wouldn't recognize me outside the office. I'm looking for a doctors I can have a relationship with. She's not the one for me.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2014

Dr Walker listens to what you say and checks you over for any problems. She is very Knowledgeable and helpful. I recommend her if you are looking for a very good doctor.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2013

Dr. Gay M. Walker's Credentials

• University Of California, San Diego School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Encinitas, CA