Ratings for Brett D. O'Connor

I agree with the first review. I am an RN, with 2 bachelors from the UW, and this man did not listen to one words I said. The office made me send a history and med list before they would even schedule an appointment, then this man didn't even bother to read it. I had to explain multiple times why all those meds had been prescribed, and that it had taken YEARS for them to be fine tuned for optimal physical health, and he just willy nilly tried to change them all (even wanted to stop the per-dental antibiotic routine EVERY cardiologist and dentist knows is necessarily for a heart surgery patient). It is quite apparent to me, again as a double bachelor, med-surg and oncology certified RN who graduated with honors from the University of Washington, this "practitioner" needs a lot more education to catch up on modern evidence based medicine---his knowledge and behavior parallels a doctor from the 1950s ('I know everything and you will listen to me and my authority"). And, by the way, not one of the 5 people we interacted with before actually getting to see "Brett" introduced themselves, explained their role or what they would be doing, OR WASHED THEIR HANDS!!. Number one method to prevent the spread of disease is effective hand hygiene...

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

First - He is a Nurse Practitioner who passed himself off as an M.D. to me and my family. Second - I am a chronic pain patient and a psych patient and it has taken the better part of 12 years to fine tune my medications for maximum pain relief and psych benefit. Nurse O'Connor did not bother to read ANY of my file and because of his personal dislike of most of my meds he cut me off cold turkey not caring what the withdrawal effects were. Third - on my second visit Nurse O'Connor STILL HAD NOT READ ANY OF MY FILE and when I asked him how he expected to treat me without knowing any of my history he called my previous treating physicians QUACKS and he announced he was taking me off all of my other meds right then and there. I got up and walked out of the exam room. I wouldn't let this man treat my dog much less treat me.

Submitted August 7, 2013