Ratings for Dr. Hanna Dief

Dr. Dief is a nice doctor. I live him. He is always busy, because he always have to attend emergencies. So, basically I would say he is punctual. Basically, he is an outstanding doctor, because he is handling a lot of patients, so from me, he gates 100 out of 100. But the front desk, I wish they could be better .

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

Costs $50 to get a form filled out by the doctor.. are you kidding me? Dr. Dief himself is very knowledgeable although he doesn't really seem to care about the patients. He also makes you wait very long (upward of 4 hours), despite having made an appointment with him Staff are rude

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

He is a horrible doctor. He'll make you wait 4-5 hours just to even prescribe medication. He does not send you to any activity groups or any other program to help your condition. Just keeps prescribing pills with high doses that keep you numb and dull. When you talk to him it's hard to even tell if he's listening at all. He gives no response or feedback. Dief is just looking to make money, he has no interest in helping his patients. He only makes their mental health worse than it was before meeting him.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

He is the worst!!! No respect for his patients and their families. Patients wait 3-5 hrs for no reason at all. Most of all the receptionists are incredibly disrespectful. Worst place ever!!!!!!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

I would rate less than 1 star if I could. Notice how all the glowing 5 star reviews all follow the same basic format and end with "thank you Dr. Dief? Scam all the way. There is something seriously mentally wrong with this obnoxious man. Self-centred, condescending, impatient and is clearly suffering some sort of mental health issues himself. People in a fragil state would be better off not seeing anyone and I actually fear for the mental health of his patients, to the point he should be reported to the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. BEWARE AT ALL COSTS, PLEASE!!!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

Beware of the positive reviews as they seem very suspicious. Based on the dates, you can see the increase and consistency in positive reviews after 2016, and the decrease within the last month. I have him as psychiatrist and he hasn't helped me at all. The worst part is you have to wait 3-5 hours to see him, whereas other doctors will call you within 30 minutes of your appointment.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

This doctor ignored previous diagnosis from other Specialists, refused medical support from other sources, pushed pills on trial and error basis without giving a second thought about the serious side effects the pills caused. He never listened or tried to understand the damage he was causing to our family by pushing his incorrect opinions on his patients. Everyone in the waiting room always complained that he would not acknowledge any of their complaints or help us escalate issues of concern because he was the chief and always acted God like. So all these 5 star ratings added after 2016 have to be fictional to hide the horrible truth of a horrible doctor.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

Before I was referred to Dr.Dief, I used to have a real bad problem with anger. I let it take over my life. I used to not live independently. I had no self worth. I had no self esteem. I felt like I had no power over my life. I also felt like I was not in control of my life. I used to need help with my medication. I used to not have any respect for myself. I used to not want to talk to the doctor. Now that I am in recovery, I take real good care of my life. I don’t have any risky behavior, and I now live independently. I now hold my head up. I have respect for myself. Thank you Dr. Dief I know, as you always tell me, that I control my recovery.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

What I am now is not what I was six years ago. Thanks to Dr.Dief. I should have written this comment long before now but it is not too late to share this with you. What I have is bipolar disorder, and post traumatic stress disorder. Because of my illness there have been times when I lost faith in everything including my doctors. I started going down hill really fast; I could not get control of any part of my life. The first two years followed my first meeting with Dr. Dief were hard and long. There were times when I got better but then I was going into depression again. At the time I refused to have a male doctor because of my trauma issues. Dr. Dief understood that this was hard for me to do. He was kind and took the time to listen to what I had to say. I am very good at distracting people from things that I do not want to talk about and he always got me back to the real issues at hand. He did an amazing job of keeping me calm and focused. As my self-esteem started to grow I was offered a job in the community centre close to my home. Dr.Dief continue to be there for me even today he offers encouragement and tell me when I am doing a good job or even when I mess up. I would not be able to do my job or live the wonderful life that I have now if I did not have the support and understanding of Dr.Dief.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

I have schizophrenia and have been receiving mental health services for almost twenty years. The hardest thing about my illness is that I hear voices all the time, even on my medication. My family took me to see Dr. Dief nine years ago. It was only then when I received real help to cope by keeping my brain and my thoughts clear. I don’t hear the voices when I’m talking with other people. Dr. Dief helped me join a group with a program where I’ve learned a lot from them. I got the skills training I need to live on my own. NowI have clear plans for the future. I now have my own apartment and I do a lot of things on my own. I am getting training for employment. Because of Dr. Dief I now know that recovery is real and true.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017