Ratings for Dr. Hanna Dief

This doctor ignored previous diagnosis from other Specialists, refused medical support from other sources, pushed pills on trial and error basis without giving a second thought about the serious side effects the pills caused. He never listened or tried to understand the damage he was causing to our family by pushing his incorrect opinions on his patients. Everyone in the waiting room always complained that he would not acknowledge any of their complaints or help us escalate issues of concern because he was the chief and always acted God like. So all these 5 star ratings added after 2016 have to be fictional to hide the horrible truth of a horrible doctor.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

Before I was referred to Dr.Dief, I used to have a real bad problem with anger. I let it take over my life. I used to not live independently. I had no self worth. I had no self esteem. I felt like I had no power over my life. I also felt like I was not in control of my life. I used to need help with my medication. I used to not have any respect for myself. I used to not want to talk to the doctor. Now that I am in recovery, I take real good care of my life. I don’t have any risky behavior, and I now live independently. I now hold my head up. I have respect for myself. Thank you Dr. Dief I know, as you always tell me, that I control my recovery.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

What I am now is not what I was six years ago. Thanks to Dr.Dief. I should have written this comment long before now but it is not too late to share this with you. What I have is bipolar disorder, and post traumatic stress disorder. Because of my illness there have been times when I lost faith in everything including my doctors. I started going down hill really fast; I could not get control of any part of my life. The first two years followed my first meeting with Dr. Dief were hard and long. There were times when I got better but then I was going into depression again. At the time I refused to have a male doctor because of my trauma issues. Dr. Dief understood that this was hard for me to do. He was kind and took the time to listen to what I had to say. I am very good at distracting people from things that I do not want to talk about and he always got me back to the real issues at hand. He did an amazing job of keeping me calm and focused. As my self-esteem started to grow I was offered a job in the community centre close to my home. Dr.Dief continue to be there for me even today he offers encouragement and tell me when I am doing a good job or even when I mess up. I would not be able to do my job or live the wonderful life that I have now if I did not have the support and understanding of Dr.Dief.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

I have schizophrenia and have been receiving mental health services for almost twenty years. The hardest thing about my illness is that I hear voices all the time, even on my medication. My family took me to see Dr. Dief nine years ago. It was only then when I received real help to cope by keeping my brain and my thoughts clear. I don’t hear the voices when I’m talking with other people. Dr. Dief helped me join a group with a program where I’ve learned a lot from them. I got the skills training I need to live on my own. NowI have clear plans for the future. I now have my own apartment and I do a lot of things on my own. I am getting training for employment. Because of Dr. Dief I now know that recovery is real and true.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Dr. Dief is a very good doctor, takes time to listen and evaluate the problem and is good at prescribing the right medicine to correct the problem. He always takes time with me and explains to me what is his process is with the treatment he is giving me. I have always been pleased with his services.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I have bipolar and a substance use disorder and was in the hospital many times. I experienced early signs of depression and mania. I could not easily make decisions. Both the depressive and manic episodes got so bad that I could not stand it. My best friend suggested that I see Dr. Dief who was to me just another doctor that I had to see. Surprisingly enough, Dr. Dief was the only Doctor who knew how to teach me about my illness and helped me to learn about my triggers and warning signs, overcome some painful obstacles abuse, addiction and denial and start believing that I was worthy of recovery. He showed me some really important things about myself. He taught me whatever happens I should take my medication and to not let things build up too high. I now see asking for help when I needed it was a step forward. I know that I still need Dr.Dief’s help but I also know that I have already gone along distance away from the person who started the treatment with Dr.Dief a year ago.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

I was employed in a high profile job. My behavior, due to the mental illness, affected every aspect of my job duties and my personal life as well. I suppressed my feelings to cover up hurts and pains. I believed I had to be strong and there was no one that could help me or would honestly understand what I was going through. I believed that I had to fix my problem; but I did not know how. After three years of suffering where I lost my job and my home, I listened to my brother’s advice and went to see Dr. Dief who explained to me that I am suffering of “Mood Disorder”. Dr. Dief has been nothing but supportive, uplifting, encouraging, and open-minded. After over a year of treatment the panic attacks, anxiety and depression have drastically decreased. With continued medical treatment I know that I will fully recover. I now got a job and place to live in. Thanks to Dr.Dief who continues to help me and getting me better everyday.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

At the time my mind was confused, disoriented and sometimes very scary, the thoughts my brain produced and the voices I heard that were not of this world, when I was at my worst my mind could not rest, my body could not sleep, I was losing weight, I couldn’t talk about my problems, I had thoughts of dying; my parents took me to see Dr. Dief who realized the problem and for almost a year I received his help. The road of recovery seemed to be an uphill climb. Dr. Dief was pushing me, and at the same time holding my hand, teaching me some of the things I had to learn about mental illness while also teaching my parents how to support me. After few more months I got my first real job which was the best thing that ever happened to me. I found my talent there and I made a great progress in the recovery of my mental illness. Whenever I am low I always remember what Dr, Dief has taught me and I just work harder on the way of recovery. Dr. Dief, you are my hero.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

It was over a decade ago that I visited Dr Dief, I still remember our sessions and some of the ground rules he set for me in handling my situation. I remember I had to wait to see him more than a few times but it was worth the wait. :)

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

after i lost my parents in an accident i suffered severe depression and anxiety, and i felt i don't want to live any more i didn't talk to anyone, i left my job and my life was done, then one day i decided that i have to get help so i went to see Dr. Dief and i told him everything about my problems and what happened to me after i lost my parents, he listened to me very carefully and he started the treatment right away he put me in sessions and now i feel much better i see him on regular basis now, he is really a helpful doctor make you trust in yourself and get you over your issues, thank you Dr. Dief.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017