Ratings for Dr. Randall K. Barrett

Dr. Barrett and his staff have been my saving grace! I am from out of town and a friend of mine mentioned that I might try Dr. Barrett down in Kittanning because his friend had great success with him. Dr. Barrett was very knowledgeable, kind, and compassionate! Most importantly, he got to the bottom of my pain! No other Dr. could figure it out. My only regret is that I didn't go to him sooner. My 1hr 1/2 drive was well worth it! My family is grateful to him as well. They don't have to see me suffer anymore. My quality of life has drastically improved! Thank you Dr. Barrett!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2012

I have a debilitating disease MS which has made me totally dependent.I have a baclofen pump inserted near my stomach w/tubing that runs to my spine w/a constant drip to decrease my muscle spasms.My spasms began to increase dramatically 2 years ago which left me in severe pain/discomfort. My MD in Johnstown told me it was my MS getting worse.My pump was set at 150 & had now been increased to 800.I knew something was wrong when the increase was NOT working and I was sweating all the medicine right out. I finally said this was enough w/this Johnstown MD I changed to Dr. Barrett,my 1st visit he immediately found the problem with my pump(it was a hole in the tubing).I was then scheduled for surgery w/Dr.Conry which was a complete success! Thanks to Dr.Barrett's knowledge & intelligence w/pumps I am now set at 118.I wish I found DR. Barrett sooner. He is a wonderful MD that I have GREAT respect for & has made a significant change in my life that I will NEVER forget. Dr. Barrett is "MY HERO"

flag | Submitted March 15, 2009

Although a little abrupt the first visit, I found him to be exceptionally knowledgeable. He performed pain injections, and rhizotomy's on me and led me in the right direction for my pain.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2008

This doctor was rude, misinterpreted my body language, did not listen to my reports, and did not respond to my calls for a review of side effects from an epidural shot. The support staff were alarmingly condescending and abrupt and apparently had great difficulty communicating with each other about appointment scheduling. They also would not discuss the risks and benefits of the next pain shot they were ostensibly planning for me. I finally contacted my PCP to report this outrageous behavior and have been exploring possible causes for side effects. So far I have discovered elevated liver enzymes,osteoporosis, uterine fibroids, and benign post menopausal bleeding. And my pain is still untreated. Outrageous!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2006

Dr. Randall K. Barrett's Credentials

• Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Top Hospitals in Kittanning, PA