Ratings for Dr. Judith Allen

I have never rated a physician before but people should know that this doctor and the PA are far below standard. In earlier years, both Dr Allen and Joanne, the PA, have tried to put me on long term prescriptions that are not indicated by my medical history. I ignored that for a long time. However, I had a serious accident recently, called the office for an appointment, and was laughed at by the front desk ("How did you do that?!") Then I could not get an appointment, but Dr Allen called in a prescription for me. The pharmacy told me they could not fill the prescription because "It doesn't make sense, given your condition." I emailed (per doctor's request) and called the office again for a clarification, which they never provided. I had to call my ob/gyn for follow up, since Dr. Allen's office also would not order tests or make a referral to a specialist. I ended up changing to a new internist. Really, find someone else.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2016

Long time patient and shwe has never let me down. She's very knowledgeable of your symptoms. Always good advice and neve hesitates to make referrals. I also like her PA Joannne.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

Long time pt of Dr Allens.She is smart.Twenty + years later life happens for Drs equal to pts! Technology, computer systems ,Insurances change,red tape everywhere. Procedures & protocols change as well as office locale and Staff. Some of the Staff Dr Allen depends on to complete important tasks for the patients health lack ability to complete those tasks. Sadly,the Staff surrounding Dr Allen has never complimented this Doctors passion or skills, with much lost in translation and room for error because of them. Some of the staff is not able or willing to keep up with procedures & protocol or communicate professional an effectively. You have be a sharp patient to follow through on what Dr Allen orders are because her staff will not. Beyond the Lobby..welcome to zombie land. Dr Allen & Joanne Bergen remain energetic& helpful, professional good diagnosticians surrounded by low energy staff. There are no problems with her referring to a Specialist if need be and running tests needed.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2014

I agree with the previous post. I have no idea what Dr. Allen looks like. She has been my internist for over 20 years and I have only seen her twice. I am always seen by Joanne, her physician's asst. Front office is NOT helpful. I am switching doctors.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2012

I became a patient here about a decade ago and was fairly happy with the practice at that time. Sadly, as the years have gone by, my satisfaction continues to decline with their patient care. I can only describe it as an impersonal assembly line now, rushing people through without truly listening or treating them with any depth or concern. I cannot even recall the last time I saw Dr Judith Allen to the point I could not even tell you what she looks like anymore; it is always an RN Joanne, who also now increasingly seems to rush patients through and readily prescribe something without really listening. They are eager to prescribe drugs to treat symptoms without looking in depth at the cause of the problem. I have put it off as long as possible, but unfortunately after my last visit I feel it's time to find a better physician who will view me as more than just another cash cow.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2012

Dr. Allen used to be a truly wonderful, caring and compassionate Doctor but that all changed when she moved into the new office building on South Clinton. She now rushes in and out, no longer talks with me, it's as if her office is only interested in how much money they can make. I believe she now has a quota of patients to fill every day and therefore can no long take time with her patients. I am so very disappointed in her. I always thought she would be my forever Doctor but that's not to be. I've also had a number of issues with her physicians assistant and I don't trust her at all anymore.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2012

I think Dr Allen is fantastic! She always takes time too listen, and is very caring. I would never consider changing doctors, as long as she is practicing. Her diagnoses and treatments for me have been spot on. Dr Allen's nurses are also great. Don't have the same confidence in her PA though.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2012

Very good staff and has a wonderful demeanor toward her patients. She is a wonderful Dr. I would definately recommend

flag | Submitted December 22, 2011

Feel bad writing this, but after many years I'm very disappointed with the practice. Rushed care, unprofessional atmosphere, true lack of concern. Both Dr. and PA are quick to dispense drugs without really knowing why. After a particular series of incidents I had to leave the office. Not a place I trusted in the end.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2010

Dr. Allen is very professional and highly skilled. Combined with her excellent bedside manner - she's tops!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2010

Dr. Judith Allen's Credentials

• University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry (Grad. 1987)