Ratings for Dr. Brian D. Schwartz

My experience with Dr. Schwartz was terrible. The appointment started half an hour late, the flow of the visit was inefficient and mediocre. I filled out my health history on a form and then had to wait while a nurse typed it all into a computer. After another 15 minutes of my wasted time (45 min total!), I was seen by Dr. Schwartz who spent 20 minutes typing more notes asking me the same questions as on the questionnaire! He gave me a very careless examination, did not provide any information about my thyroid issue and was dismissive of my concerns. In the end, he sent me for a blood test (which was another long wait) and told me to come back for another appointment to get a prescription!!! Most other doctors would simply call in your prescription once they see your blood test. What a waste of my time and what an insurance scam!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2012

I did not like his staff in the outer office. Drs attuide stunk, talked down to you like you were stupid. Always had the last word. Book smart, needs to learn how to speak with patients.. I would not recommend this Dr to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2011

I been seeing him for years. He is very helpful. He always calls back. He answers everything and takes the time to talk to you. He runs a little late sometimes. The office is very friendly. Def book months in advance for fasting apts

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

He didn't need any of my old doctors notes and only took my old blood work. Then told me "if you look at a concentration camp you don't see one person with a metabolism problem and the rest skinny, no they are all skinny." He told me nutritionists were crocks. Told me to eat 600 calories a day and up my exercise to 2 hours a day and put me on medication that was inappropriate for my condition, and removed me from a medication that I needed to be on. My PCP was very upset when he found that he took me off the medication I needed to be on.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2006

He doe's not listen to the patient when they have a problem,he tells the patient how they feel in stead of the patient telling him how they feel.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2006

Dr. Brian D. Schwartz's Credentials

• New York University Medical College - Nlg (Grad. 1993)

GHI