Ratings for Dr. Maria G. Culotta

Made an appointment with Dr Culotta. Confirmed several times I did not want a PA. The office calls me day before to confirm my appointment & I ask again if my appointment is with the dr or a PA. She tells me with a PA. I tell her again, no, I need the Dr. So we cancel & re-schedule again for the following day. I know emergencies can happen especially since you're dealing with birth, so I call while I'm driving, 15 minutes before I get to their office, that I will be seen by Dr Culotta & am told, yes. I show up & sign in - no one says anything to me. Another woman comes in & I hear her say she's there for Dr. Culotta & they tell her the Dr is out & they only have a PA. The woman, understandably, flips, saying she only wanted to see the Dr, & why did no one call her? Reception has no answer for her. Woman leaves. I come up to desk after her & say I called 15 minutes ago & was told the Dr was here. Reception again has no answer, just offers me a PA or 2 NPs. I took off work, drove in over an hour traffic to get there, even called 15 minutes before to confirm everything & no one even had the decency to tell me the truth. Low down, dirty move to trick people into coming into your office to not see the provider they want so you can bill their insurance since they're already there. Very shady, untrustworthy, incompetent medical office. Never recommending, never coming back & if you care about your health or the health of your unborn DO NOT COME HERE!!!!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2018

She will stop the medication that you are on without telling you. She canceled my prescription and just didn't tell me why or explain, and I am in quite the situation now. In addition, she expects you to come in every 6 months for an 'annual' exam. All she cares about is taking your money, she is not concerned with her patients well being. I am very upset with my experience with her and would never send anyone I know to her or her disguisting practice.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

I went to this office to see Dr. Chin, but unfortunately she didn't show up to see me. Instead, Dr. Maria (Raccuglia) Culotta, MD walked into the room after I have been waiting for over an hour to see a doctor. Dr. Maria (Raccuglia) Culotta, MD walked in and introduced herself and quickly told me to change into a gown. I did so and waiting for about 20 more minutes for her to walk back in. After doing my annual exam, I told her that my husband and I were trying to become pregnant and that I jus wanted to make sure everything was okay with my body. After telling her this, she told me that everything looked good so far. She then told me to wait for the radiologist to see me so that I can have a sonogram done. After seeing the Radiologist, Dr. Maria (Raccuglia) Culotta, MD called me back into another room to discuss the results from the sonogram and told me that I had a polyps in my uterus and that I would have to have a quick surgery done in order to correct it before gettin g pregnant. Of course I was scared at this news but the whole time she was explaining what a polyps was to me, she wouldn't show me the sonogram. She just kept explaining what it was by drawing the picture (of what was on the sonogram) on the back for me to better understand. Not once did she show me the sonogram. I then thought that maybe I need a second opinion on this issue so I scheduled an appt to see another doctor at a different office. After seeing another doctor and having another sonogram done, I was actually pregnant and what Dr. Maria (Raccuglia) Culotta, MD saw on the sonogram that she took was actually an early pregnancy forming in my uterus. Now if I was one of those patients who quickly believed Dr. Maria (Raccuglia) Culotta, MD, I would have probably had that surgery done, and it would have probably terminated my pregnancy. I am glad to say that I am almost 8 weeks pregnant and it is a completely normal 1st trimester pregnancy. Please think twice about going to this doctor's office as I would never want something like this to happen to anyone else.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

I love her ! She's very professional , I had the best pregnancie with her ! She's going to be my permanent gyn.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

I travelled from Manhattan to Rego Park, Queens for my first visit with Dr. Culotta, and it was well worth the trip! Dr. Culotta was as nice and smart as could be! Finding a female gynecologist on my plan who is a native English speaker with top medical training was like looking for a speculum in a haystack, but I did it and will gladly make the trip from Manhattan again. Her modern office is sparkling clean, and everyone -- from the woman who answers the appointment line to the front desk staff to the medical assistants -- is friendly and accommodating. A real find!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2014

Dr. Culotta is fantastic. Knowledgable, polite, professional and relatable. Unfortunately, the staff at her office (s) are horrible - completely disorganized and unprofessional. They reschedule appointments with no prior notification and are completely unapologetic and rude about it. It's a real shame that I won't be able to visit Dr. Culotta again.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

I saw Dr.Culotta at her Forest Hills office today. After researching tons of doctors I found she had the most consistent positive reviews. She has these reviews for a reason. Her bedside manner is impeccable, she is warm and made an otherwise awkward position to be in...not feel so uncomfortable. I did not feel rushed, she explained everything clearly and was attentive to all of my concerns. I plan to have a baby in the next few years and she would be the one I would trust, that's how I feel with just one visit. Needless to say, I highly recommend her. NOT related to her but the only thing is the parking at Forest Hills location is horrible. Save yourself the headache and see her at her other locations.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

Dr Cullotta took care of my high risk pregnancy and I carried all the way to 39 weeks, she is the most amazing doctor. Her bedside manner is amazing even though she switched offices I still see her at the new offices. This is one of those doctors you just don't want to let go off because they are so hard to find. She answers all your questions never in a rush and always follows up with you.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

Dr Culotta is one of the nicest doctors i ever meet. She was gentle, nice, caring and she explains everything in details. She made me feel very comfortable. Thank you.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2013

Dr. Culotta helped bring my very first baby into the world! Her and her staff took great care of me and my baby from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Dr. Culotta is an absolutely wonderful doctor--the best I've ever encountered. She truly cares for her patients. I had to have a c-section, and she was there holding my hand for 20 minutes while I received my epidural (husband wasn't allowed in yet). My only disappointment is that she switched practices (out to LI), so she won't be around to deliver my future babies!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2013

Dr. Maria G. Culotta's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 2007)