Ratings for Dr. David S. Abend

It appears this doctor just closed his doors and is no where to be found. Way to leave your patients in the dark...

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

If this DO paid more attention to listening to his patients needs and making them feel better he might not be bad, but he loves to hear himself talk. When I looked at an explanation of benefits in regard to what the insurance company paid him I almost choked. $800 for just a consultation with no treatment plan. He reminded me of a doctor who is in this field to pad up the insurance bills and not really care about anything else. So sorry to have to report this because he seems like a nice guy; but I need a good DO.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

flag | Submitted August 31, 2013

I just spoke with Dr. Abend's new office manager over the phone and was extremely disappointed. I had left a voice mail yesterday morning asking to speak with the doctor because I had a question for him. Not only did I not get a call back until this morning, but the office manager was extremely rude to me and told me that I'd have to come in to be examined because "if the doctor took every phone call he got, he would have no time to see his patients". All I had was one question for him that would have required a simple yes or no answer. It would not have taken any significant time out of his day. After I told the office manager that I did not want to make an appointment, she gave me a smart-a** remark and hung up on me!! It's really a shame that Dr. Abend has such terrible management, because he is a great doctor, and unfortunately I will not be returning because of it. Hopefully he sees this review and makes some necessary changes to his staff!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013

flag | Submitted September 17, 2012

Dr. David S. Abend's Credentials

• Spanish

• Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1989)