Ratings for Dr. Murray I. Wellner

They have ridiculous wait times, a full 45 minutes after your scheduled appt.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

I have been seeing dr Wellner for a few years. He has always been professional and thorough in my appts. His staff is also professional and polite. This is a doctors office not a babysitter. People who are in his program need to follow accordingly and be honest. I am now using him as my GP since he's been wonderful caring for my addiction. Much thanks to dr Wellner and his fantastic staff. I wouldn't be in recovery with you all!!!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

I have been seeing Dr Wellner for about 6 yrs. N yes. He's very quick. I do feel rushed. And absolutely it us all about the money. Even if you are poor and have medicaid. He has no compassion for the broke patients that obviously need the medication suboxone. .. because at this point my body is addicted to i!!! I wanted to get off pills so called for help and landed in his office. If my bill is 95$ He refuses to see me Unless I have $155 or more.. N let's not even get started about the urine cup your pee in which is am additional $30!! But I have no idea's what other dr would take me. I've always taken my medication as supposed to. What do I do? ???????

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

Dr. Wellner is a moron who is only interested in making money. The patients who like him are the ones he will prescribe anything to. He has no concern for the addicts he treats with suboxone and knows nothing about addiction but only cares about getting his check from pharmaceutical companies. He will kill a patient sooner or later with his neglectful and overprescribing treatment.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

Dr. Wellner is a nice person and very fast and knowledgeable. BUT, he refused to refer me to specialists when needed. As a result I suffered. He refused to refer me to an orthopedic doctor for pain in my neck and back. He refused to find out why I had symptoms all related to pre-metabolic syndrome and even a seizure due to low blood sugar in 1987. I had to wait years to come before I went to a Yale doctor's office to find out that I did have a pre-metabolic syndrome leading to diabetes and hypothyroid which would have caused the same symptoms that I had in 1987. I had found out through the grape vine that has done very bad things to other patients who were too proud to sue him. Just look at the link on the other rating below.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

Ive been to lots of primary doctors in connecticut. Dr Murray Wellner is a very kind doctor, although he is always going a million miles a hr with lots of patients, He always stops and talks to me personally and ask if Im ok. I highly recommend him to others. He saved my life when other quack doctors didnt give a crap about me. I trust him with my life. Yes his office is always busy, maybe its because he is just that good. If he sucked no patients would be there right! I like his office because they can do everything you need in house. I respect Dr Wellner fully. Try him and you will see. Thanks Chris C.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2014

Great doctor. In many ways he saved my life. I highly reccomend Dr. Wellner!!!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2011

flag | Submitted November 24, 2010

I would avoid Dr. Murray Wellner at all costs! He has no respect for the opinion of you as a patient. He is often very rushed and seems more concerned about getting out of your room and on to the next patient than spending time with you. I would give him zero stars if I could!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2010

Dr. Murray I. Wellner's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Stony Brook, School Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal