Ratings for Dr. Samer I. Schuman

Dr schuman did a long difficult surgery to remove the cancer. He and his staff led us thru a long chemo. My wife continues to get better. We think he is a great doctor, located a mile from our house.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

Dr Schuman is truly a blessing from are LORD! My wife had surgery four years ago and that Doctor was afraid to take all the cancer out. After four really hard years of Chemo She was recommended to Dr Schuman, after six hours in the operating room she came out cancer free. We will never be able to thank Dr Schuman enough. God is Great!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

I was referred by Dr Richard Sandefur as I have cervical and endometrial cancer. Dr Schuman performed surgery to debulk the cancer. He recommended chemical and referred me to a radiation oncologist. When asked my chances if I did nothing, he said microscopic cells probably remained and would grow as the type of clear cell cancer is aggressive and I had stage 4b. When asked about a percentage of recovery if I went through chemo and full pelvic radiation, he said maybe a 5 year survival rate of 20 percent. I checked the Internet and found his recommendation was in line with standard treatment. Due to my age of 69 and the fact I had no small children, I decided against chemo and radiation due to side effects. Dr. Schuman did all he could do for me with what he had to work. I appreciate his honesty. Evansville is fortunate to have him in medical community. It would be sad if there was no one who wanted to spend the time and money to study for the many years it takes to attain his level of expertise. I can highly recommend him even though I elected not to undergo chemo and radiation due to side affects. Sharon Higginson Bel

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

Dr. Shuman is FANTASTIC. His whole staff is, they made me feel good and answered all my questions. I would recommend his office to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2013