Ratings for Dr. Michael Ostad

Dr. Ostad was treating me for hematuria, have me taking antibiotics for a long time. I was desperate and requeted my records to go to a different doctor, just to find out that I had cancer. Dr. Ostad never took the time to review the lab and put my life in risk. He didn't take ti listen to me. Thanks God I found another doctor.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Dr Ostad told me to go to the emergency room to get medical clearance for a kidney stone operation and tell them I had pain which I didn't when I said I wouldn't he said then find another doctor.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2009

I've been seeing Dr Ostad for about a year and a half after having been diagnosed with prostate cancer. He diagnosed me, sent me for radiation treatments and still monitors my condition, which, it appears, has been fully cured. He's extremely personable, informative and in my estimation, an extremely good doctor. One problem was the long waiting times in his office but this is getting better in the Jackson Heights office. An excellent physician he is although his patient load seems rather heavy.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2008

I recently saw Dr. Ostad for evaluation of BPH and erectile dysfunction.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2008

I had kidney stones so I went to go see Dr.Ostad. After I had a kidney stone procedure at another location i continued to see him for follow ups. After that he scheduled appointment with me. After an hour and a half of waiting, he gave me 5 minutes of his time... I felt like he brought me into his office for my Office visit fee. He later called me for another appointment. He asked me if i felt like i urinated the stone. When i said "no" he said we should check by putting me through a procedure where they put a probe up your urethra. Then he simply said " yep, its in there." I told another doctor about this and they didnt know why he didnt remove it , at that time. I later found out how expensive that procedure was. This doctor treats his patients like cattle. My father also had a bad experience with him and thinks hes a sick person. Hopefully i can get his testimonial to add here.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2008

Dr Ostad diagnosed prostate cancer for me after i had seen three other urologists. He offered me all treatment s available and spent all the time needed to answer my questions. I am happy to say that i am now cured thanks to Dr Ostad. He is the best.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2008

you'll have better luck scheduling a lunch date with the pope then get him on the phone when you need him. he is only in his FH office on mondays and when you have an appointment you will only have literally 1 min. with him. one foot is out the door when you speak to him. he has 10000 patients scheduled and then rushes you. treated my bladder infection very lightly and practically told me to deal with it...when my urine test came back positive, instead of calling to prescribe me my antibiotics as soon as they were in, he told me 4 weeks later when he saw me....find another md. very handsome though

flag | Submitted June 3, 2007

Dr. Michael Ostad's Credentials

• New York Univ Sch Of Med, New York Ny 10016 (Grad. 1993)