Ratings for Dr. Bernard F. Bettasso

spends about 5 minutes with you. No personality. Does not seem interested in how you are, just to get done with you.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2011

Very unhelpful. I could not get any information on my bloodwork. I was told I would have the results on Monday and a week later still had not received a call. After several tries and promises that I would be called I finally got in touch with them, but they had no answers for what medication I was to go on and when I asked to speak to the doctor I was told he didn't have time to talk to me, even though the nurse was asking him questions so he was standing right there. This is very frustrating when you are so sick that you cannot get out of bed and have 4 small children who need your attention. Not a doctor who cares about the well being of his patients.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2008

Waited nearly an hour for them to call me back, then another 20 mins. to see the doctor. This doctor is far to gruff and not at all friendly. Plus, when I mentioned my symptoms (that were diagnosed by two specialists), Dr. Bettaso dismissed the diagnosis off-hand. He told me that my condition was not like that (he said he had had 1 patient with this before!), and that he did not feel the diagnosis was correct. That is fine to tell me after tests, perhaps even sending me to another specialist. But no, to tell me some general opinion with no tests or anything whatsoever is just wrong. You can find a better doctor that will listen to you, your symptoms, and actually DO SOMETHING before rendering a matter-of-fact opinion to just tell the patient they are wrong - as well as previous specialists. A huge waste of time and co-pay.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2008

Dr. Bettasso is a no-nonsense doctor who diagnosed my rare/orphan disease after just a few tests and detailed Q & As. He assisted me in my decisions and did all he could to minimize the cost by working with the insurance company and the Mayo Clinic. After spending years and thousands of dollars on test after test and still not getting a diagnosis from other doctors and facilities, I was especially impressed at his speed and accuracy. Dr. Bettasso has little patience for whining and self-pity; which, IMO is ultimately beneficial to recovery. His follow-up is top-drawer. I have recommended him to many women friends and relatives and regret that I moved from Joplin and no longer see him.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2007

Dr. Bettasso is very prompt, thorough and knows his medicine. His staff is excellent in helping a patient out. His only fault is sometimes he doesn't listen to what you are saying to him, other than that he is an excellent doctor. Other doctors also go to him

flag | Submitted August 18, 2006

Dr. Bernard F. Bettasso's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1984)

Workers Comp