Ratings for Dr. Donald G. Carson

Dr. Carson is a smarty pants. It's just who he is. You have to take it with a grain of salt. He knows exactly what he's doing and he tells the truth. When I was pregnant he was concerned that I was having some issues, he put me in his car and drove me to the hospital to have a more extensive sonogram done. He didn't want to waste any time. Sometimes I want to punch him in his mouth but I wouldn't trade him for anything.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

I left the appointment crying... I feel terrible. My PCP suggested I visit my OB/GYN and rule out anything. I took the Health Survey and he actually said "With all the stuff you circled, you should be on your deathbed!" I circled all the symptoms I have! He was rude and condescending. I took a copy of my blood work because my PCP told me to have another set of eyes review it and Dr. Carson actually said "These numbers don't mean anything to me. I don't need them. PCPs just like to run all this blood work, not sure why!" He All he said when I left is "See you next year and I hope you feel better." I felt like he didn't believe my symptoms and that I was just wasting his time!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

Dr. Carson has always been an excellent doctor to me. I recently had an issue with infertility and he was exceptional in getting me checked out. He was very knowledgeable and gave me great information.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

would not recommend this doctor. I did not feel he gave me a great exam and felt rushed out of the appt. I ended up seeing two other doctors in his group and was not impressed by any of them.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

Very attentive, professional, and knowledgeable. Patiently takes the time to answer questions and make diagnoses. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2011

I've been with Dr. Carson for 30 some years and feel he is VERY easy to talk to and very caring. In fact, I switched from his partner years ago just because of this.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009

I just have to say, despite his bad bedside manner, when push comes to shove this is the doctor you want if you end up having to have an emercency c-section. An excellent surgeon. And when it comes down to it, that's what counts. When I went for follow-up I expected him to be the jerk that I hear he is, but nope, he was not. I guess I got him on a good day! But even the nurse said to me that I was in good hands with him when it came to the surgery. So keep that in mind if you get him at the hospital during delivery. A nice doctor doesn't always make a good surgeon..and vice versa ;)

flag | Submitted July 12, 2009

Very condesending and rude. First time mom with alot of questions.....will NEVER see him again.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2009

Very insensitive, didn't show up to baby's delivery nor mother's postpartum hemorrhage. Afterwards, a very cavalier and uncaring attitude .

flag | Submitted August 18, 2006

Dr. Donald G. Carson's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)