Dr. John R. Sussman

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. John R. Sussman

Dr. Sussman was my mother's Dr and delivered my sister 27 years ago. She always trusted him and when I became pregnant as a teenager she made me an appointment with him. He was a great doctor and helped me through that difficult time in my life as I also had complications with my pregnancy. He delivered my daughter 22 years ago. He is now helping me with heavy periods. He makes you feel very comfortable but is right to the point. I trust him very much. He is a wonderful doctor. Now my daughter is a patient at his practice as well.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

My old gynecologist retired and in the process of finding a new one, I got married and immediately got pregnant. I went to Dr. Sussman (w/o a recommendation) and he was wonderful. He spoke to both my husband and I when I went in for the initial pregnancy test and throughout my entire pregnancy, was amazing. he always spent as much time with me as I needed. He was great while I was in the hospital as well. Even now, years later he continues to ask about my daughter and husband. His office staff is also amazing.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2014

Wonderful doctor. Experienced, knowledgeable and kind. His entire office staff is lovely too!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2011

Dr.Sussman is great. He is very helpful and makes you feel comfortable.My husband and i dealt with infertility and he helped us to conceive and was very sensitive to our problems. He delivered our twin boys and even road in the ambulance with me when i had to be transferred to danbury hospital.Elise his office manager is also amazing.She even came to visit me in the hospital to see how i was doing.They go out of their way to get you info and stuff that you need. i love them and would recommend every women go to them :)

flag | Submitted March 21, 2011

He is a very wise and love-kindness doctor. He is the best Obgyn you can find in the area. He always makes time for you even he is in the middle of the conference. Absolutely love him.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2010

I absolutly loved him and his staff. When I was pregnant I didnt have insurance and they helped the paperwork go through quickly. I had very bad anemia when I was pregnant and he made sure he stayed on top of me with my iron pills. When I went into premature labor he immediately saw me and then put me in the hospital and came within the hour to check everything was ok with my baby and me and stayed for quite a while to monitor progress- he also came back first thing the next morning to make sure all was well. He made sure my baby waited until she was healthy enough to come out. Unfortunately he was away for the birth of my daughter, but the entire experience was made very simple because of him.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2009

Dr. Sussman does not pull you in his office to talk. That is quickly done while in the stirrups. Not the most comfortable way to discuss personel problems. He may be knowledgable but doesn't share it with the patient. Very quick service even if you have problems. Rushed so much I always walk out saying "I should have asked him that". Had a procedure and was never told I could go into early menopause at 37 because of it. I did and now I'm sorry I had the procedure. Didn't get much help from him. Left and will never go back.

Submitted March 4, 2009

My husband and I love Dr. Sussman and his staff. I was pregnant with twins and did not doubt him once. He made me feel like I was his only patient

flag | Submitted February 24, 2009

Dr. John R. Sussman's Credentials

• Cornell Univ Med Coll, New York Ny 10021 (Grad. 1979)

UnitedHealthcare