Ratings for Dr. Kevin S. Sumsion

Dr. Sumsion is the best doctor around. He was my doctor during my first two pregnancies . Unfortunately because of insurance we had to switch for the third and are devastated. He is kind, actually sits down and talks you through what's happening, always willing to answer questions. Very kind to us when we had a miscarriage. Treated us like we were the only patients there, mourned with us, comforted us, and helped us through our very difficult times. I would recommend him a thousand times over.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Sumsion. He has been my Dr. for 13 years and has delivered all of my children safely .

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

I met Dr Sumsion when I had to get a hysterectomy. He was recommended to me by a family friend. Going to a gynecologist has never been a favorite part of my medical history, but Dr Sumsion was the BEST on/gyn I have ever been to! His bedside manner was the best I've ever had from any doctor! He was kind, compassionate, understanding and knowledgeable. I felt confident with his diagnosis and was very happy with his care and concern for me during a difficult time. He called me at home with test results instead of making me wait to come to the office. He visited my room the day after my surgery for a normal post op visit, but he took the time to ask me lots of questions and even adjusted the blinds in my room so the sun would not hit my face. The best part about Dr Sumsions care was the day they wheeled me into the operating room and Dr Sumsion was there. As the anesthesia was administered to me, Dr Sumsion stood by my bed and comforted me, he holding pmy hand and put his other hand on my shoulder. He knew I was nervous. His last words before I fell asleep were, "we are going to take very good care of you. Don't worry all will be well." Who does that in the medical field these days????? This is the first time I've had a doctor show so much care and concern toward me as a person. I was so impressed and am so grateful for his care and insight. I would choose him as another doctor in a heartbeat. One of the.best doctors I've ever dealt with. THANK YOU dr Sumsion!!!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

I won't go back. Long wait, short visit, never remembered who I was or cared much about my pregnancy or concerns. Seems like outside stress is effecting his professional life as well. Canceled for family issues more than once.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

We switched because our first doctor was always late but turns out it was worse with him... Not only is he usually over an hour late for the appointments but only stays in the room about 2 minuets, didnt read the files so we had to inform him of everything, i couldnt finish my questions or statements withought being interrupted. i did not look forward to going to the check ups because he was trying to make all the decisions as far as birth plan and acted like I had absolutely no say in MY childs care. Dont really know him as a person but will not be going back again because i dont feel comfortable with him and his decisions for MY CHILD..

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

I felt like he was very judgemental and biased about me, I was unmarried at the time of my pregnancy. I am now married to my baby's father. I felt like he was very disconnected and didn't really care for me once I told him I wasn't married. I needed a doctor, not someone to judge me.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2015

We really have enjoyed our experience with Dr. Sumsion! I was referred to him after my original OBGYN decided she wasn't taking any more first time mom's for the year. My husband was a little hesitant about me going to a male doctor but was very impressed with Dr. Sumsion after our first visit, he was so friendly and congratulated us repeatedly. Dr. Sumsion is a very modest man and is also very religious, which may not be for everyone but is a comfort to me knowing that we share the same belief system. Sometimes there is a long wait but when you think about it, he's probably had to deliver a baby. If you schedule your appointments earlier in the day Dr. Sumsion is able to spend more time with you vs. later when he is trying to play catch up. Monday's however aren't great days for appointments because he does inductions that morning.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

Not impressed with this Dr. at all. Horrible wait times and very little attention from Dr. as a result. I agree with other comments-he does very unnecessary tests, just to make more money. I will not go back to this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

I went in on a "squeeze in basis" because I suspected I had a ruptured cyst and it was extremely painful. At first the appointment went ok, he did ultrasound, said he could see where it might have burst, but really couldn't tell for sure. He kept saying things like bless your heart etc, about the pain. I discussed with him the massive pain I am having, and that this has been going on pretty much for my entire life. He basically says he is sorry but offers NO solutions, nothing except birth control, which I've already explained to him that I've been on and it doesn't work for not having cysts grow and makes me very emotional to top it off. He leaves, I think he is coming back in, but he doesn't. I ask nurse if I can ask him about pain management since he offered me no solution there. He comes back in, I ask him about getting something for the extreme pain I am in, he says oh I can give you motrin if you want, I don't prescribe narcotics because they are addicting. How nice right? If I had a broken leg would he tell me to take motrin? I said look in my chart, I have never asked for pain medication before. He said he believed me, but still wouldn't prescribe because pain medication is addicting. Um, ok, so I wasted my time and money completely... mmm k thanks. He should just put a sign on his door that if your seeking pain relief don't bother. I have called and lodged a complain with the clinics liaison as I do not think it's ok to not prescribe rx due to your personal beliefs.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

He told my wife she had a cyst on a removed ovary the size a baseball. He does an ultrasound and says we need surgery within a month. We go to our consultation 2 weeks later and he does another ultrasound. He tells us the cyst grew a little & could burst anytime but wants to wait a month. We go in the next month and he does his 3rd ultrasound and says pretty much the same thing. Clearly, all he wants to do is order ultrasounds and charge your insurance. We spent hundreds on him, my wife freaking out, and 4 months later...no bursts and no pain.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

Dr. Kevin S. Sumsion's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Unicare