Ratings for Dr. Gary F. Strebel

I have been seeing Dr. Gary Strebel for 43 years. He is the best doctor I have ever had. He is always kind and caring to me. He took care of me during my only pregnancy and delivered our son by C-Section. It was wonderful!!! I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

Dr. Strebel delivered my daughter last year. I will say that the comments from other posters are believable, as he has a very cold demeanor and his jokes are awkward/backhanded. There is no doubt that he is a skilled OBGYN, however the man has no bedside manner. If you gain more than 20 pounds in your pregnancy, be prepared for him to lecture you on your weight every visit. I am in my mid 20's, was engaged but not married at the time (I am now), and almost every other appointment he would attempt to give me a life lesson by telling me my life was going to change soon in a condescending manner. I would equate him to the gynecologist in the first episode of Mad Men who was willing to prescribe birth control, but then lectured the female character about how that didn't mean she could abuse it. He seems stuck in the 1960's mentality of "I am the doctor so I can say to patients whatever I want". Other than that he did a fantastic job on my C-section. I would only use him again if I never had to have appointments with him-he could just come, do my C-section, never speak to me and leave.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

I had been a patient of gary at strebel since I was 16, from the beginning I stayed with him because I was terrified of seeing other doctors because my family loved him but he treated me so poorley...from the beginning I was a virgin at first exam having period problems and he tried to do a pap and couldn't fit the tool in me and said I needed to go home and use a candle stick to widen and stretch myself, my mom is my witness swear to god...fast forward I've always had a weight issue and he always belittled me and made me feel horrible about it and then when diagnosing me with PCOS said in a nutshell it was because I was fat and probably won't ha e children because of that...so that was at 18 fast forward again to the age of 25 a weight loss surgery later and my husband and I wanting to have children he was still my doc...I went in to try medication for fertility on Oct 30 2013 he made me feel like it was pointless to have children and then prescribed meds...they did an ultrasound that day as well and said my ovaries were cystic...Dec I was pregnant...6 weeks pregnant...no meds nothing...I was preg when they did the ultrasound! I had constant worry threw my pregnancy swelled like a elephant got stretch marks on my feet and had a low birth weight baby and every time I called he blew me odd said I need to quit worrying and cone to find out I had a placenta abruption and almost killed me and my child...my child was over due and I went into labor naturally and she pooped in her water taken immediately after birth from me so I did not get to bond with her he let me rip side ways and down ward I mean seriously first child and this was it...it was traumatic to say the least I'm so blessed to have my daughter happy and healthy a year and a half later but he robbed me of self esteem and a birth experience I can never get back. Please do your self a favor and do not go to him please I beg of u, he is senile and mean and will make u feel horrible and will not take care of u and ur child.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

Save your time, save your money. Go ANYWHERE else but to this unprofessional, incompetent joke of a doctor.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

This guy is a HUGE jerk. He will get a partial history, then tell you not to ever have children again. He is dismissive. He is arrogant. He is rude. If you think you are going to go here for a collaborative plan for preconception counseling (goals to meet, things that must be done medication wise before becoming pregnant) - you are wrong. He will just rant at you rather than realize you are a WILLING partner in your own healthcare. In fact, he kept questioning why I wanted to remove an EXPIRED contraceptive device, when at the same time I am on medications that are known to cause birth defects. I wanted it removed because it was expired... and it wasn't preventing any pregnancy at that point. I guess he couldn't realize that someone coming in for advice about a possible future pregnancy may not 1) want to get pregnant immediately or 2) may need to discuss other birth control options to prevent pregnancy if pregnancy is not currently optimal. This guy has to be the biggest jerk I have met in my 31 years on this earth. Lord help him find a way to retire and find joy in what he does, because he isn't finding it in OB/GYN private practice.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

Best OB/GYN I've ever had. If it weren't for him I would've lost 2 sons. One to another doctors arrogance and the other to unforeseen complications. I have always found him to be honest and caring. I don't need him to be my friend I need him to be an excellent doctor who has my health as his main concern and not necessarily my feelings. I don't need to be bff's but I need to keep me alive when it counts.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

Dr Gary Strebel is the absolute worst doctor I have even had the misfortune of seeing. I have severe PCOS that had gone misdiagnosed and untreated for many years. Once I saw him, I would have rather let the PCOS go untreated than *ever* be around him again. Thankfully I found another doctor who isn't a self-righteous jerk. He gave me condescending speeches about my weight, told me all my problems would be solved by not being "fat" anymore (anyone with PCOS knows it's incredibly difficult to lose weight) and he humiliated me in front of the nurses and other staff. I don't know how he has stayed in business for so long, especially after hearing the horror stories from other former patients of his. This man needs a serious lesson in bedside manners. I hope that no one else has the misfortune of dealing with him. Here's a short list of the things he did that I found to be unacceptable, in case what is mentioned above isn't enough: I heard him very loudly talking down to the person in the room next to me. (He was loud enough that I knew the diagnosis of the other patient) He took multiple calls during exams He allowed male interns in the room without my consent If you want to see how he really is, look at the other negative reviews, they are spot on. If you want a positive experience at your OBGYN, avoid Gary Strebel.

Submitted October 26, 2014

Was my doctor close to 40 yrs. delivered my 2 children and took care of any problems I had. He saved my life when I was discovered to have breast cancer. He performed a partial mastectomy with lymph nodes removed. My scars have not been traumatic. Fast forward to the past 2-7 years. My last 4 visits have been full of intimidation during my exam. More than once I was close to walking out. Then I felt disgusted and angry that I put up with it. On the last visit I listened to his dictation of his findings. He was slow and couldn't find the words he had so speedily dictated for so many years. I heard "midline cystocele" and, I can find nothing wrong. He then walked around behind me, stood and waited for the nurse. I thanked him for seeing me. His reply......Hmph! I'm delighted to have read these other comments because I truly have been concerned that he had it out for me alone!! No, I will never go back!!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013

I saw Dr. Strebel for infertility problems, while I was in the exam room freezing with only a thin small sheet, he could be heard laughing and talking loudly with a drug rep. While preforming the exam on me he took a phone call from is wife, and I had to sit and listen, he got off and no apology at all. I had bleeding during my pregnancy, I was young and scared I ask him if I should stay home from work, seeing that I had built up about four months of sick/vacation time. He was rude and gave me a speech about women's lib of all things. In the delivery room during the time he was stitching me up from the episiotomy which he let me tear, he told me quite loudly that he was putting in an extra stitch for my husband!! Rude, unprofessional, arrogant I would not recommend him, also the wife phone call was about yard work!! And on my 6 week check-up he was ruff and uncaring that it was quite painful for me.

Submitted June 12, 2013

This doctor also did a rectal exam without notifying me first of what was about to happen...I was not pleased with the overall procedure. I will not return and have already asked for a doctor change.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2013

Dr. Gary F. Strebel's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 1965)