You may also like

Ratings for Sheila R. Roth

I was not impressed with Shelia nor her staff. Her MA didn't seem to know anything which is fine, but they shouldn't put her in charge of triage or allow her to call and explain lab results to patients. When I called triage twice, she had no idea what to suggest, what my lab values meant nor did she offer to talk to Shelia or have Shelia speak with me she just said they would see me about my next appointment. There are so many great midwives in the area who will allow you to feel confident in your choices and in the birth of your child - Shelia is not one of them. She's after the bottom dollar and keeping HCA happy. She lacks compassion and gives midwives a bad name. She also recently wrote an article bashing homebirths.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Wonderful staff. If you want a natural birth feel confident that the midwives at Research Medical will get you through. Their c-section rate is less than 5%!!! If you want to experience birth as it should be this is the place to go. Also I want to mention that my doctor was freaking me out so badly and threatening to just have a c-section (medically unnecessary) that I switched to the midwifery group at 37 weeks pregnant. They took me in which is so unheard of that late in the game! I had my natural birth without IVs or bands around my belly, was free to move around and get in the tub, ended up without tearing (previous births I had torn), no epidural, free to push on my own without having someone count in my face... it was so calm and wonderful!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2010

Low intervention rate and really knows her stuff. I had a wonderful experience.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2008

Sheila R. Roth's Credentials

Updates

• A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I was not impressed with Shelia nor her staff. Her MA didn't seem to know anything which is fine, but they shouldn't put her in charge of triage or allow her to..."

December 10, 2014
  • combined ratings from Midwife listing (DID: 101602)

May 3, 2012
  • First Name changed from "SHEILA" to "SHEILA R."

April 8, 2012