Ratings for Dr. Neil B. Soskel

Myself and family have been long time patients but I have to say once they were taken over by SNCH ....everything deteriorated. We are always being pushed to see new doctors or worse yet NPs...the staff is horrendous with the exception of his long time office manager who seems to be the only one to get things done efficiently and correct but I even see her getting frustrated ! Seems like a bad mistake it used to be a great mom and pop but all it is now is a $$$ maker for a hospital . We all will be finding a new family doctor

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

Needed to see dr on day I called-no appt for weeks-gave up next day was a " walk in" with a new dr who was not knowledgable on my condition-an older patient of many years should not have to wait!! Next time will go to a med center or change Drs.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

Best doctor EVER!! Staff is great. My whole family goes to him.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

Dr. Soskel has been my physician for 15 years. Although I moved to Bohemia, I still travel a distance to his office.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

The care is appropriate when you are seen by the NP or dr. Soskel. The follow up is non existent. Out of sight out of mind. The waiting room is a zoo with 1 doctor supervising the NPs. Unfortunately it seems that SNCH has become a money grabbing entity like NSUH and there will plenty of lawsuits. While the NPs and Dr. Soskel may care about the patients SNCH will run the numbers - $ brought in vs. malpractice claims paid out and probably decide it is cost effective to not properly staff this office. And yup the gals answering the phone are nice but inappropriate. They really shouldn't be commenting on medical decisions.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2015

Nice Doctor, but his staff sucks moose c@ck big time!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

Dr. Soskel is fine, but the staff is terrible. They dont answer the phone when they're supposed to be open and seem to close or and/or not answer calls whenever they fell like it or decide to close early, and you can't leave a voicemail. The last time I called during their "normal" hours it went to voicemail even though they were supposed to be open for another hour, then when I called again to hear what time they'd be open the next day a person picked up the phone and hung up. I called back and the same thing happened. You also can't get an appointment when you need it, especially for an emergency. They'll tell you you can come in and sit there and "maybe" they will be able to fit you in at some point. I had to go to urgent care the last few times. After a few years of this going on, it seems he can't be ignorant to what his staff is doing, so I'm done with this office.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

LOVE DOCTOR!! Seen him since I was a little girl, although I stopped going due to staff, I actually do miss going to him. He was always awesome, took his time, and always made me feel comfortable. The staff however is HORRIBLE. They are so rude, I don't understand, Im very nice and they just throw attitudes at you like nothing, They should hire people who deserve a job and appreciate it. I always get a horrible feeling when I had to call or a make an appointment. As soon as you walk in they have these mean faces on like your bothering them. God for bit you have an emergency, They won't take you, unless therefor you show up :) thats the catch. Great DOCTOR though! I actually miss him.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2013

Dr Soskel is a decent dr, however, his office staff is extremely unprofessional. They have no respect, sensitivity and empathy for patients. Dr Soskel apparently doesn't care about how they treat his patients.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

I love Dr. Soskel himself--he is an excellent doctor. He is knowledgeable, empathetic and very tuned in to his patients. His nurses, nurse practioners, student interns and his medical asistants are also just wonderful I am very sad to say, however, that I have personally experienced the absolute deterioration of his office staff, both in terms of their overall lack of courtesies, efforts, efficiencies, responsiveness and professionalism. I can't describe how positively frustrating it is to try to accomplish routine tasks, scheduling, records obtensions or even to simply complete a phone conversation in a timely fashion with any kind of feeling that someone on the other end actually cared about your situation. The office staff is in very bad need of improvement and I regret how this detracts from the overall experience of Dr. Soskel as a wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013

Dr. Neil B. Soskel's Credentials

• New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology (Grad. 1986)