Ratings for Miriam Kravitz

Upon arriving I was greeted by a very pleasant staff who made me feel right at home. I waited a short time(maybe 15-20 minutes) before meeting Dr. Kravitz. She was very knowledgable and helpful while she took the time to answer all of my questions. My biopsy went as well as it could have and I felt the work was very precise/subtle while effective. I have just read the prior reviews and am shocked that someone could be suprised by the method of payment/insurance compensation when it was clearly explained to myself when I made the appointment. It sounds as if the reviewer was dissapointed that their biopsy came back cancer free! I for one was glad when I received my good news. Dr. Kravitz is the best I've encountered in the business and her new office provides a top notch practice in a convenient location to anyone on the Lower Cape.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2013

I was referred to Miriam Kravitz/Orleans Dermatology by my primary care Dr for the evaluation and removal of a suspicious looking mole. I knew I would have to pay out of pocket for the excision and file for reimbursement from my insurance company because the practice does not file with insurance companies for payment. I was relieved to get an appointment immediately without waiting weeks, or months. I found Dr Kravitz to be friendly, professional and skilled (my biopsy site healed with minimal scarring). The staff was calming and friendly and prepared me for my exam/excision. My insurance information was sent with my biopsy to the lab by Orleans Dermatology, and the lab work for the biopsy was covered. I have only praise for my experience with Dr Kravitz. I needed a growth removed quickly and biopsied and I got that. I am returning to Dr Kravitz for a full exam since I did not have enough time to book more than the excision for my initial visit.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2013

Greeted and felt very welcome and valued by front desk, asked for insurance cards and given registation. Asked why they need insurance I understood they are self pay, no insurance accpeted but if a biopsy was sent to the lab they do accept insurance. Waited almost 1 hour before seeing "Dr." really Nurse Practioner with a doctorate. Miriam was pleasant but her assistant was having issues with tabet the use. Way complete exam..too personal. 2 biopsies taken. Appointment lasted nearly 1 hour. One week later got call biopsies were negitive, no cancer. Recieved bill from lab this week, biopsies weren't covered. Check with insurance company, since practice is self pay Miriam is out of network, so refused to pay for anything she ordered. Lab bill nearly $700.00! Check with insurance before seeing her, my visit cost over $1000.00 to here I was fine.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2013