Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey M. Shapiro

Perhaps it's just my experience, but I've had 7 endoscopies in a 1-2 year period. I have never been pushed out of an office so quickly. As my GERD became more problematic, the doc just keep prescribing more scopes without even telling me the purpose. He does not take time to fully listen and answer your questions. The last three visits (one a follow-up) he literally spend less than 2 minutes with me before interrupting me and walking out the door. 2 minutes. I clocked it. This man makes his money from scheduling patients for an endoscopy or colonoscopy as much as he can feasibly get passed through your insurance. That and prescribing Nexium (since they give him kickbacks and free lunches) until there is no way you can get off the stuff. I'll be looking for another doctor who hopefully listens. I think over 10 visits is enough to make a sound judgment of this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Best gastro doc in O.C. Dr Shapiro has been my father's physician aswell as mine and my husband's for many years. Very knowledgeable, caring staff.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2012

I am very impressed with this doctor. Alot of the procedures can be done inside the office. Dr. Shapiro is available to answer questions and is very friendly. He has helped me relieve my GERD issue and I am feeling so much better. The staff is wonderful! If you want a doctor who cares try him out! :)

flag | Submitted February 25, 2010

Dr. Shapiro has been my doctor for over five years now and I've always been impressed at the level of care he provides his patients. No matter when you need to see him, even if it is day of, he will make himself available to be seen immediately. He always answers my questions and wants to make sure his patients understand what he is saying instead of just ushering them out of his office. He does all his procedures in office with his wonderful nurse Stephanie, and his front office assistants Gaby & Marlena are fantastic as well.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2009

Dr. Jeffrey M. Shapiro's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)