Ratings for Cheryl G. Thurman

I have been going to Cheryl Thurman for several years. She is very intelligent and spends the time to figure out what is really going on. I drive 40-45 minutes to continue my medical care with her.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

Her assistant was very unprofessional and made me feel uncomfortable and when I addressed this with her she was offended by it and rather than trying to address the reasons I was there wanted to spend the time rationalizing her assistant's one year (her words) job-preparations and pushing un-insured tests that I have no signs or symptoms for because the insurance may cover them or they may not be too expensive if they are not covered. The Phlebotomist in the office and the women who worked checking me in and out were very helpful and efficient. Her and her assistant definitely made me want to keep looking when searching for a primary care doctor. I didn't really feel okay about being told by the scheduler that I was getting a doctor's appointment and having an appointment with a Nurse Practitioner.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

I didn't know whether to stand up in my initial (& what is also my LAST) visit & state "I feel as if I am wasting your time, however, you are wasting my time, more so." It was all I could do not to just walk out. She is not a good listener & made me feel as if she just wanted me in & out as quickly as possible. Told her I'd like her to look at my throat for possible infection & she asked if I wanted a strep test done -I said "No, I want you to LOOK at it...." I have been to several great Dr.'s - she is NOT one of them.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

Spends a couple minutes with you and talks about herself and her vacations without even addressing the reason you're there. Then bills ins for level 3-4 visit which leaves pt with a huge bill for nothing. Orders unnecessary expensive tests that no ins covers instead of just taking 5 min to listen to pt. wont be back.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

Terrific care. I'm happy to have a health care professional that really cares.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2013