Ratings for Dr. Ruthann F. Rees

I've had nothing but a good experience with Dr. Rees and her staff. My husband and I always come with our notebook with questions and she answers them all. I've only had 2 appointments with her but I'm very comfortable talking with her. I was very impressed that she called me on a Saturday to give me some test results. As stated in a previous comment, I would suggest that you try her out for yourself and not heed to the negative comments. It may partially be the patients own attitude that causes them to feel that the staff is mistreating them.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

Dr. Rees and her staff all treated me with respect and I received wonderful care. I had to have a hysterectomy and the care and recovery was unbelievable. I have never felt as comfortable with an gynecologist as I did with her. She explained exactly what she was going to do before surgery and explained in detail how it went afterwards. She made sure I had a complete understanding of the procedure and after-care. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2015

I feel sorry for her staff, while a very intelligent doctor she lacks common social skills. Her staff has gone from around 8 to 3 (last time I checked) over the past 7-8 months. After hearing the way she talks to them, as if they're stupid & she's the only intelligent being on earth, I'm surprised she has any staff left.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

Great doctor! Unsure of the negative comments...please see this doctor and formulate your own opinion. Dr Rees is extremely knowledgeable and goes above and beyond to provide exceptional patient care. She was extremely during my pregnancies.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

Doctor seems good but the nurse will not return calls. Would not recommend!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

Her website says that she treats patients with dignity. That is simply not true. We went to Dr. Rees after very unexpectedly getting pregnant with our 7th child after a traumatic birth that would make for a risky future pregnancy. She agreed to take me as a patient. The care and the C-section were both good for that pregnancy. However, she advised us not to have any more children. For religious reasons, my husband and I won't use hormonal or surgical birth control. Eight months after that birth, we were pregnant again with our 8th child and went to see the doctor. Unfortunately, I went alone, and was treated like a stupid child. She accused my husband of being abusive or controlling. Otherwise, why would I go against her medical advice and get pregnant? I was in tears, and asked her what exactly she wanted me to do, since I was already pregnant. Did she want me to have an abortion?? She claimed to be pro-life, but she's not pro-baby. She continued her care for me for the first trimester, but then dropped me as a patient after telling us how negligent we were to get pregnant in a risky situation. We told her that we would not hold her responsible for the outcome, and even offered to sign a legal waiver, understanding that she couldn't guarantee us a successful delivery or live birth. I completely respect that she is within her rights to only take patients that she deems are suitable for her practice. My complaint is not with her refusal to see me as a patient, but with her treatment of me as in individual. She did not treat me with dignity or respect me as an intelligent person, able to make tough decisions and live with the consequences of those decisions. We went to a perinatologist (high risk OB) in Atlanta, and had a healthy baby and a good delivery. That doctor informed us that we could have more children. In case you are wondering, he is Dr. Bootstaylor, a natural minded OB who backs up a group of midwives and provides family-centered cesareans for women who need them. He was never stressed or worried about our situation, always very relaxed and positive. He never made us feel like rubbish for getting pregnant in a less than ideal situation. Run far away from Dr. Ruthann Rees, especially if you are wanting a pro-life, family-centered doctor.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

Dr Rees has been my Dr for over 14 years, she has delivered all 3 of my children, I love her. She has always listen to my concerns & done what ever was needed to help find a solution. Staff seems to change quite frequently, over the years I've had some pretty rude encounters w/ some of the staff, but most of them have been great. Wait time has always been hit or miss, some appointments are lightning fast, there was 1 time I waited over 2 hours just in the waiting room.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

Staff is rude with no regards to patients feelings. Dr. Rees is the most amazing Dr ever.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

Dr is never on time and staff is always rude!!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

Dr. Rees is the most horrendous doctor I have ever had the displeasure of seeing in my life. She cuts you off every time you try to ask her questions & eventually I had to TELL HER, "Look, I have GAD & I need you to answer my questions instead of changing the subject". Her response was, 'That doesn't surprise me'. Meaning: she didn't read my patient records & see that I had it. I have medical knowledge & came in knowing that I had a perforate hymen looking for a confirmation. She used a pediatric spec. but not the smallest that they had, so I had to ask her to switch before she started the exam, during which she had me shrieking 3 times & then just said, 'Yep, you have a tight perforate hymen." You don't say. Later I got test results back & she said, 'Well, all of your results are neg.' I had enough time to breath a sigh of relief. "Except for DHEA, which may indicate an adrenal tumor." It was like the awful plot twists in General Hospital. I was in disbelief. There is more but no room

flag | Submitted May 25, 2013

Dr. Ruthann F. Rees's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Rush Medical College Of Rush University (Grad. 1990)

Workers Comp