Ratings for Dr. Joan F. Puglia

First of all, Dr Puglia is not a psychiatrist but a Neurologist. I made an appointment as a new patient with this doctor. The day of the appointment my gps stopped working right before getting to the place making me 10 mnts late. When I walked in I was told she would not see me, I had to reschedule. But its ok, when they, doctors, make us wait. Just rude, inconsiderate, and plain old "lack of care" for patients.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2013

I do NOT recommend this Dr at all! She did not hear a word I said. Openly swore when she couldnt figure out the computer. Upon reviewing my notes from her office, it was obvious she wasnt doing her job. She was just filling stuff in appt to appt, I couldnt have the same infection every visit! I fell over when she was testing my balance, yet in the notes it said I walked perfectly every time. False! She put that my son was away at college, he was still in HS! Never took my BP yet it was in the notes. Prescribed wrong meds, then went on vacation so I couldnt straighten it out. Office staff, very inapropriate. Screwed up my bill then when I proved I paid it, she yelled at ME and hung up. This Dr was rude, impatient, harsh. Seemed annoyed to even be there. I couldnt believe the notes, they tell all! She was obviously not all there because she just put stuff in that wasnt even accurate. I was at the Appts. I know that I have paralysis in one leg, yet she put that the reflex test was fine.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2012

Don't know why she's listed as a psychiatrist, she has a neurology practice. I found her demeanor almost rude, Never said hello to me, never shook hands or introduced herself. Just walked in and rolled her eyes at the stack of x-rays I brought in. I was presenting with a mix of arthritic, neuro, and cardiac symptoms. I asked her if it could be Lyme Disease, she replied by saying only that she was not a Lyme expert. For a neurologist to say that they are not a Lyme expert is ridiculous. They need to be an expert in all diseases affecting the brain. She was not at all helpful. DO NOT see this doctor if there is any possibility you may have Lyme Disease. BTW, months after this visit I was finally diagnosed by another doc as having chronic multi-system disseminated Lyme Disease. I had been misdiagnosed by doctor after doctor for over 15 years, and have been treated aggressively for two years now. Finally turning a corner for the better, but not cured yet.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2010

Dr. Joan F. Puglia's Credentials

• Albany Med Coll, Albany Ny 12208 (Grad. 1985)

Beechstreet