Rostislav D. Barabash

5 1 2.8

You may also like

Rate Rostislav D. Barabash

Rostislav D. Barabash's Ratings

Horrible!!!!!!! This NP Definitely has issues!! Can not have a normal conversation, always on the attack! Feel bad for anyone with mental issues and has to deal with him...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2885897].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2015

I found him to be very smart, kind, and a gentleman. Best I ever saw. A psychiatric Nurse? He is a Doctor to me.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2885139].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2015

I have been seeing Rosti for years. I have NO IDEA WHY. He's terrible, he's rude, and he is always in a hurry to get you out the door. I am diagnosed BP2 and was having the worst depression phase I've ever experienced, I asked to be put on Latuda. He told me the reason I was depressed was because I was "withdrawing" from a stimulant ADHD medication that I was prescribed for only 2 months, 8 MONTHS LATER. Like, all of a sudden, 8 months later I'm going through these terrible withdraws? He dismissed my claim of depression and sent me on my way. I had suicidal ideation for a month and almost went to the hospital at least 5 times before they would finally get me in on an emergency basis. I brought my mother with me to testify on my behalf (literally he thinks he knows all, you don't know anything, and you're lying about everything so I had to bring her), he still accused me of lying and was rude to my mother. She said I'm terribly depressed, I can't get out of bed, I cry all the time, I never go out, etc... she said "My daughter NEEDS medication for her depression. I'm losing her." HE IN TURN SAID TO HER VERY SARCASTICALLY, "You have a medical background? Hmmm?? What do YOU do for a living seeing you know SO much?" If it wasn't illegal I would have slapped him in the face. Never seeing him again. I highly recommend you find someone else. Do not see him. He's not even a doctor, he's a Nurse Practitioner and he is not educated in the psychiatric field. This is the tragedy of our mental health system.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2733419].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2015

One of the worst clinicians I have ever seen. I had gone to him because I wanted medication for my depression, and because my therapist thought I might have ADHD, as did I, from what I had read in literature about ADHD and speaking with others with ADHD. I expressed this to him, but he just did a basic checklist of symptoms for depression. Later, when reviewing my symptoms with me, he included some which I did not say, or framed them in a way that was contrary to how I presented them. When I expressed my suspicion of having ADHD, he dismissed it. Did not assess for it, said that maybe I am struggling with school because I wasn't smart enough. He seriously said that. Said the sole reason Adderall was created was so soldiers could stay up at their post when in battle ??? Funny thing is, he prescribed it to me anyway, so he medicated me w/o really believing I had the diagnosis. He acted like I would take it just to study, which was not my intention. Horrible all around.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][70250].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2013

"DR. Rossi" is a great guy just a bit misunderstood at times. Before visiting with him just know that if he is hard for him to write while you are speaking. Make sure to tell him everything you need him to know before he starts to write. Other then that he is an excellent health professional. He is very knowledgeable with psychiatric medicine and more patient then most psychiatrists. He takes time with you and has very good bedside manner. He has ailed me back from very bad health. He also has a very good understanding of dependency issues and of medical interventions for any ailments involving mental illness issues.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][70249].votes_count ]]