You may also like

I can not rave enough about Dr. Sherman and his absolutely wonderful staff. After having researched countless surgeons (and wasting time differentiating between sturgeons,) Dr. Sherman was obviously a cut above all others. After having several appointments before and after my surgery, it was cemented in my mind why he is so well regarded as a medical professional and as a terrific human being. All the girls in his office are very professional and friendly, the fresh cut flowers in the waiting room really offer a personal touch, and the whole office is decorated tastefully so I never felt like I was at an impersonal medical office. My pre-operation consultations were educational, and usually downright fun. Dr. Sherman's talent for pulling positive and professional people toward him continued as I met his surgical staff the morning of my surgery. My actual surgery was smooth with no complications, and my post-op care was flawless. Dr. Sherman explained the results of the procedure to my family in the waiting room and they informed me they were extremely happy with his explanations and consideration. The fact that Dr. Sherman is a teaching Doctor and usually has medical students in tow proved to me on a personal level the depth of commitment he has for his passion. In summary, Mark and everybody involved in his practice are extremely competent and professional. I couldn't have found a more qualified Doctor and Staff. I would recommend Dr. Sherman and Scripps Hospital in La Jolla to anybody looking for a highly detailed and competent experience.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

TEP hernia failure after his procedure. Then I heard of another failure and another success by same doctor. Of course, no guarantees, but just FYI. Very personable and kind.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2013

Dr. Sherman was exactly what I had hoped for. He was very patient, and answered all my questions thoroughly. Prior to the surgery he analyzed my sonograms and explained why he thought I would benefit from the surgery and exactly how long it would take to recover. After the surgery it became obvious to me just how good of a surgeon he was - I only needed 4 pain pills total to help me sleep. He also called the day after surgery to check on me. Note: My procedure was laparoscopic gallbladder removal.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2012

I think the other people who commented said it all. This suregon is superb - as a human being and as a surgeon. So is his staff. I felt that I could not have had better care if I was a multimillionare. Dr. Sherman is the finest!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2009

EXCELLENT SURGEON. I WILL USE HIM AGAIN WHEN/IF I NEED MORE SURGERY. DOES NOT HAVE A GOD COMPLEX. A TRULY GENTLE,CARING,KNOWLEDGABLE AND EXTREMELY COMPETENT SURGEON/PHYSICIAN.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2006

Dr. Mark J. Sherman's Credentials

• University Of California, San Diego School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I can not rave enough about Dr. Sherman and his absolutely wonderful staff. After having researched countless surgeons (and wasting time differentiating between..."

August 26, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=34483'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 2.2

March 14, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=34483'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 2.3

February 15, 2014

February 5, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Mark" to "Mark J."

April 8, 2012