Ratings for Dr. Theodore Perl

I recently had LASIK surgery with Dr. Theodore Perl of Corneal Associates of NJ, and am writing to highly recommend Dr. Perl and Corneal Associates for those considering LASIK. Based on Dr. Perl’s academic and professional credentials, extensive experience performing the surgery, straightforward responses to my questions, and perhaps most personally important, the numerous incredibly positive and satisfied patient testimonies I read, I opted to travel from my home in Philadelphia to have my procedure performed by Dr. Perl rather than select another doctor closer to my home. My experience with Dr. Perl and his associates has been phenomenal. His coordinator, Jacki, is very organized, not only scheduling the pre op, surgery, and post op appointments but also the payment such that I never had to follow-up with scheduling questions. She is professional, courteous, and incredibly responsive. In addition to Jacki, his other associates are also very organized. I never once waited for an in-person visit and in fact I was often seen earlier than my stated appointment time. The day of the surgery, Dr. Perl met with my husband and me to address any last minute questions as well as settle my nerves. The procedure itself is relatively quick at approximately 10 minutes total. The doctor and his staff explained to me each part of the procedure and time to complete, which was personally helpful given my nerves. After he finished the procedure, Dr. Perl provided me with full instructions on how to care for my eyes as well as set my expectations for what would happen over the next few hours. Furthermore, Dr. Perl called me a few hours after the procedure to check on me and answer any questions that had arose during the intervening hours. I have never personally experienced such thorough care from a physician. The day after the appointment, Dr. Perl performed my follow-up evaluation, and again was available to respond to my questions. His comprehensive, thoughtful, and considerate interactions with his patients, his success rates, amazing results, and satisfied patients, lead me to highly recommend Dr. Perl.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

I've been a patient of Dr. Perl for over 30 years. He's the BEST eye doctor I know. I've been to many and I've been living in South Jersey for the last 8 years and it takes me over 2 hours to get to his office and I'd never even entertain the thought of changing doctors, if I had to drive 5 hours to see him I would. They ask for a rating for him I give him a 10 out of a 5 star rating he is double EXCELLENT!!! I was legally blind at 18 years old and for the last 30 years I'm able to drive WITHOUT glasses or contacts because of Dr. Perl. I can't even put into words how GRATEFUL I am to this man. I never thought I'd ever drive or do many things I'm able to do. THANK YOU VERY much to Dr. Perl and his staff. EXCELLENT EXCELLENT Doctor!!! Once again THANK YOU!!!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Perl for over 25 years. I was in mid 20's when I received my first transplant and I am now 46. Yes, he is awesome in what he does, however as someone else said his bedside manners need much improvement. I remember my Mom asking him a question and he was quite short with her. Overall he's the best... He would have to be, Ive been with him as I said over 25 years.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

Dr Perl is the absolute best at what he does, but his bedside manner is sorely lacking. He is very straight forward and to the point, and he seems pretty hard on his staff. If he is training another surgeon then he doesnt really talk to you, he will also get mad if you forget to bring in your post op medication paperwork to your followup. That being said, his skills are top notch and you should trust no one else with your cornea issues. His office staff is excellent and he runs a tight ship. Patients are called in asap and if you come early you might even be seen and end up walking out before your original appt time. Cornea transplant surgery went quickly and smoothly with no problems. Excellent procedure from start to finish

flag | Submitted August 7, 2013

I recently saw Dr. Perl in his Fairfield office and I would highly recommend him to anyone. I had seen another doctor for 3 weeks for an issue with my eye that was very painful. The problem got slightly better but got bad again after a few days. I went to Dr. Perl after a second opinion and he gave me the right medication and my eye was better in 2 days! He explained everything, answered my questions and his staff is just as helpful. Plus it was nice to only wait 10 mins for my appointment at Dr. Perl's office, compared to the hour for the 1st doctor (every time I went, which was 7 times, there was an hour wait).

flag | Submitted April 23, 2013

Dr. Perl is awesome!!! He performed a corneal scraping in 2009 and he is extremely skilled and competent. He has inserted duct tubes and has an incredibly smooth skilled technique. His staff is great as well. He's a great doctor and NJ is lucky to have him!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2011

I had a corneal transplant performed by Dr. Perl in 2008. It has now been 18 months since the surgey and without any complications or issues. Best medical decision I have every made. Have and would recommend him over and over again.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2009

Dr. Theodore Perl's Credentials

• Finch U Of Hs/Chicago Med Sch, North Chicago Il 60664 (Grad. 1976)

Champ Va