Ratings for Dr. Veena Puri

I suggest not go to this doctor, she will never come on time & don't come prepared with patient history, she always forget about the prescription suggested to us, we gave blood sample of our baby and she forgot to review the results with us until we reminded. At a time she will be addressing two or three patients and she will be in a hurry to run away and at that the same she don't prepare to wait and listen. She acts as if we are very important to her but we are not

flag | Submitted September 10, 2013

My kid visited from India on 2/17/2013, I have taken the appointment and paid for it.He got TB shot, after 2days checkup, little bit shot area got swallowed, it's under measurable limits . Then they asked me take one more appointment for that, but whatever measurements, they have taken, the same thing doctor has taken for 1mint and they have given some forms for Blood Test, X-Ray, Gold Test etc. For that also they forced me to pay. I was trying to explain, they said, you want school form or not. I went through all the process and spent lot of time. After that I was expecting the doctor office to call to update on the reports. Nobody called me till 3 weeks and one fine day I called them asked for the update, they said. It’s normal and no TB. I felt very happy about my kid at the same time, I felt very bad about the process and money they charged me and also charged my insurance each time. Are these doctors just work for money or work for the patients’ health?

flag | Submitted May 17, 2013

Parents, Please don't go to this place. Collection executives working as a NURSE here. writing Labs for nothing. If we ask more details they don't want to listen at all.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2011

Dr. Veena Puri is very greedy and always looks for a reason to make more money from the patient. Never go to Dr. Puri.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

It's amazing how some patients interpret Dr. Veena's rush for bad service. The reason that she's fast and diligent is because she has so many patients to see. The reason the wait times are so long are because of the number of patients she has to see in a day. I know that when I need to see her when my kids are sick, they do what they can to fit me in. I've been going to this practice for over 30 years both as a patient and now my children. I've seen the practice change and grow over the course of those years and can say without a doubt that Dr. Veena and Dr. Hari care about their patients. Although this is a medical office, it's also a business that needs to sustain itself and staff. People don't realize that Pediatric Doctors probably make the least amount of money compared to other doctors in different fields.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2009

very disappointed .This place has turned into more of a money oriented rather than care. When you meet her for the first time, she'll tell you that they are like your extended family. After the first visit ,I have always experienced long waits and once she gets in she is out in a few seconds. By the time you can actually gather your thoughts ,she is gone. She is not willing to listen. She does not believe in follow up appointments. does not provide any info about the shots given. When you go in for the school forms to be filled, she comes up with an excuse of some pending shots appointment . looks like ,all they care about is making money at your child's expense..If you are looking for a pediatrician – ( doctor who cares and is professional, on time, and patient)she is definitely not the right one! The front desk personnel have attitude too .

flag | Submitted October 1, 2009

Great, experienced pediatricians with great bedside manner. Friendly staff, always picks up phone, minimal hold time, patient wait time max 20 mins. Dr. Puri and Dr. Cerruti are very knowledgeable, up to date and trustworthy. My family has been with the clinic for over 20 years and they feel like family now.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2009

We have been with this doctor for few years. But the services are getting worst. The doctors are always in hurry that I couldn't ask all my questions before he/she left the office. Also,they overcharge for some non medical service like after hour service, filing school medical form, and copies of medical history for transferring. The ranges are $25-35. I checked with other offices they don't even charge for some of the services or charge only $15. The front desk personnel have attitude too. We have found another pediatric and will not go back again.-Ivy

flag | Submitted March 18, 2009

I've been very disappointed with Dr. Veena Puri. She does not have a time of the day for your child - so why is she a pediatrician? To make money? Long waits and once she gets in she literally is in and out in a few minutes. By the time you can actually gather your thoughts - she is gone. I've found myselft running in the halls looking for her for the remaining questions that I had to ask. It's sad! I think she takes way too many patients that she can handle. She does not believe in follow up appointments after the child has been sick with the infections (maybe because she is too busy). I had to take my child in four times because the infection kept coming back - finally after the fourth time she thought it would a good idea to make a follow up appointment. If you are looking for a pediatrician who would give your child the time of the day - she is definitely not the right one!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2008

Have you ever been to a meat-market? That's what Dr Veena Puri treats her patients like. When you meet her for the first time, she'll tell you that they are like your extended family. When you actually begin to go in, she will see your baby or toddler for 60-180 seconds if you're lucky. First you wait forever - then she gets there - mumbles as quickly as she can, and is gone before you can barely get a question in. They overbook like crazy and it looks like all they care about is making more money at your child's expense. Not the child's health or giving parents a good sense of what might be wrong with their child or what to look for. If you're looking for a doctor who cares and is professional, on time, and patient, then look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2008

Dr. Veena Puri's Credentials

• Maulana Azad Med Coll, Univ Of Delhi, New Delhi, Delhi, India (Grad. 1970)