Ratings for Dr. James R. Pacholka

I was referred to Dr. Pacholka after my first surgeon refused to take my insurance. I was wary but it turned out to me the best thing that ever happened. Dr. Pacholka is an excellent surgeon. My laparoscopic gall bladder removal was complicated and took longer than anticipated but I was still able to go home the same day and had little to no pain afterwards. I did not have to wait long for my pre- and post-op visits and he saw me at the appointed time. He took the time to answer all my questions and gave me detailed written instructions on what to expect pre- and post-op. He also encourages patients to text him with any questions or concerns. He returned my text within an hour. I would recommend him to my family and to anyone else who needs surgery.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2014

Incredible, compassionate, patient and very communicative. Great surgical skills. Great experience every step of the way. If only more doctors were like Dr. Pacholka. Thank you Dr. Pacholka!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2013

I am a bit of a demanding patient, and I was nervous about facing my first surgery, but Dr. Pacholka handled my gallbladder removal surgery with such skill, patience and care that I found myself completely disarmed. I felt I was in very good hands throughout the entire process, both pre- and post-op and while at the hospital. He was responsive to my concerns and questions and he provided full information when I asked for it, and there were no complications whatsoever. I would highly recommend him and while I hope not to be a repeat customer, if I ever need surgery again, I'd call Dr. Pacholka first.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2011

Dr. Pacholka performed a complicated hernia surgery for me. The surgery and subsequent recovery went very smoothly. The doctor was very helpful, listened to my concerns and put great deal of effort into ensuring that my recovery went as smoothly as possible. He has my complete trust and I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2011

Dr. Pacholka is one of the most communicative doctors I've ever seen. He took a lot of time to explain things and was easy to talk to, and he told me exactly what to expect from hernia surgery without sugar-coating anything. The surgery and recovery went well.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2010

Dr. Pacholka was recommended to me by my internist for gall bladder surgery. I had no problems afterwards. I found him to be gentle, caring and just a really nice man. My primary doctor who has always been honest with me said he would send his own wife to him. That was enough for me to hear. I wouldn't go to anyone else in the future..he is just super kind and skilled.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2009

I had no problems with this doctor in fact he is listed as one of the best doctors in my book. He was very informative about my procedure and took extrordinary care of me in my time of need. He paid close attention to my every need and for that my surgrey/recouperation was successful and I am now cured. I am so grateful. Thank you!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2008

This doctor is a scam artist! He was almost an hour late seeing me. I have a sebaceous cyst, which I diagnosed myself. It was small enough to remove in-office (I should have just gone to a dermo!), but he said it had to be done as outpatient surgery on a separate appointment. This of course entails a huge deductible on my part and a much heftier fee on his part. But he collected his $50 from me regardless -- that was for the "consultation", i.e. telling me what I already knew. Conclusion: Don't go to this guy for anything minor.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2008