Ratings for Dr. Robert L. Berkowitz

A lot of the comments on this board look like they came from the same person, which probably skews the rating quite a bit. I have had a great experience with Dr. Berkowitz. I initially saw him for urgent care, but quickly switched to him for my PCP because of the time he spent talking with me, finding out not only about what I came in for, but also my general health and recommending follow up visits and tests appropriate to my age and other issues. My doctors in the past were usually too busy to be proactive with my health, and Dr. Berkowitz was a wonderful exception.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2008

Berkowitz put me on benzos. He is clueless when it comes to treating anxiety. Fortunately I was able to find other more knowledgeable professionals before my life was ruined forever.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2007

Dr. Berkowitz is rude, unhelpful and does not listen.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2007

Due to moderate anxiety over a neck condition I needed something to help me sleep. Dr. Berkowitz prescribed ativan. He did not tell me that it was a drug intended for anxiety rather than a sleep medication. He did not warn me that it could cause my anxiety to become worse. In a short period of time, I began experiencing a ridiculous amount of anxiety. I could no longer sleep at all. I could no longer perform my job. I could not read or watch TV. I had to start taking an antidepressant. My life was screwed up for months. The antidepressant worked and I am now fine and no longer in need of medication. I will never forgive Dr. Berkowitz. He is rude and he does not listen. I would file a lawsuit if I thought I could prove damages.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2007

Dr. Berkowitz is a joke. He knows nothing and gives very general advice. Took him 2 months to call me and let me know that the results of my exams were OK. Run!!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2006

Dr. Robert L. Berkowitz's Credentials

• Univ Van Amsterdam, Fac Der Geneeskunde, Amsterdam, Netherlands (Grad. 1960)

Top Hospitals in Marina Del Rey, CA