Ratings for Dr. Leon Mesina

I took my 5 year old son there after he complained that his neck hurt for a week or so...I thought it was just a stiff neck at first but when it didn't go away after a week I made an appointment. We waited almost two hours to be seen in a waiting room full of sick kids as the well and sick waiting rooms are one and the same. When we finally got in, he asked my son what the problem was and he said his neck was bothering him. Dr. Mesina said, and I quote, "Oh...maybe you need a needle?" followed by, "Does it still hurt?" Naturally, being a five y ear old, he said, "Not so much." He told him to turn his head from side to side and then he sent us away. Three weeks later I got a call from the office staff asking if I'd like to make a follow up appointment. I asked for what reason, she said to get the rest of his immunizations. I advised her he never had any immunizations when he was there and was caught up with all immunizations. I would never recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

I love bringing my daughter to Dr. Mesina. Just yesterday, not only did he gave me and my husband medical advise pertaining to our daughter, but as a parent, he gave advise on how to raise her right.. I'm thankful for this doctor. Also, whenever my daughter is sick, he always calls back and makes sure he squeezes her in for emergency appointments. Really good doctor

flag | Submitted August 26, 2013

His staff are very rude. If you have medicaid insurance you have to wait until the patients with better insurance or those paying cash are seen. Often "guesses" at what the illness "might be". Have left the office every time with a prescription for antibiotics, which approx. 6 out of 10 times I didn't even fill out of fear that my children would develope antibiotic resistance.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Very upset with the treatment, gives antibiotics not knowing if infection will be trated by.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2008

One of the best pediatricians out there, caring, knowledgeable, helpful

flag | Submitted June 12, 2008

Dr. Leon Mesina's Credentials

• Far Eastern Univ, Dr N Reyes Med Fndn Inst Of Med, Manila, Philippines (Grad. 1984)

Top Hospitals in Old Bridge, NJ