Ratings for Dr. Kimberly A. Lucey

I can not thank Dr Lucey and her staff enough for recognizing a tumor between my eye and brain. She immediately referred me to Massachusetts Eye and Ear Institute and Massachusetts General Hospital where the outstanding efforts of Dr Aaron Fay and Dr William Curry Jr removed the tumor and saved my vision and preserved my quality of life. I can not thank Dr. Lucey enough for her professionalism and persistence that I deal with this issue right away. I could have become blind in BOTH eyes if this was not detected. Believe me an extra 5 minutes in the waiting room won't kill you.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

Dr. Kimberly A. Lucey

Dr. Kimberly A. Lucey's response
Dr. Lucey is thankful for your trust and confidence in your diagnosis and treatment. We truly care about every patient that walks through our door. Thank you for your kind review.

Submitted January 29, 2018

she did my first cataract surgery she has bad bedside manners there was a stitch left in my eye and refused to see me operated when my vision was still clear. she said that it needed to be done . now i can't even see my food

flag | Submitted November 14, 2009

Dr. Kimberly A. Lucey

Dr. Kimberly A. Lucey's response
We thank you for your review. As you know surgical wounds do not self seal, a suture may be required to seal the incision. This suture typically dissolves over time and only requires removal when it breaks and sticks up causing irritation. Before Dr. Lucey performs any surgery, she personally reviews the risks, benefits and alternatives to surgery with each patient. Each patient then reviews the American Academy of Ophthalmology video which again describes the risks, benefits and alternatives of cataract surgery. Each patient then signs a printed sheet which documents what the video reviewed and Dr. Lucey has reviewed. If the patient has any questions that remain unanswered, Dr. Lucey is always available to review them with the patient and the patient always has the option of seeking a second opinion. Surgical correction of a cataract requires that an eyeglass prescription be picked so that when the patient's two eyes function together after surgery, there will be no image size discrepancy. This prescription would be determined by the eye that did not have surgery. Dr. Lucey is always available to assist her patients. If you have further questions, please contact the office directly. Dr. Lucey would be more than happy to return your call and discuss any concerns that you might have.

Submitted January 29, 2018

Dr. Kimberly A. Lucey's Credentials

• Georgetown Univ Sch Of Med, Washington Dc 20007 (Grad. 1985)

Delta Dental