Ratings for Dr. Sophia V. Leonida

Sophia has been our family pediatrician for over 25 years. She was my Dr as a child and also my children. I have never had a bad experience there. When my children were sick she would call me just to check up on them. She is very kind and caring and her patients are her #1 priority. Have nothing but positive things to say about all the nurses and staff.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

Dr Leonida is truly a brilliant and wise doctor - she is calm, kind, and has tons of experience. She knows her stuff and the kids love her. And she cares about the parents too.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

Wow, I am shocked to read such poor reviews. I don't believe them. I actually left another pediatrician and switched to her because the other pediatrician lacked hygiene. Leonida has MANY years of experience and is very thorough. I really think those poor comments don't come from actual patients. Rather another practice that is trying to become known for their holistic approach.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

How this woman has a positive rating is incredible to me. The Doctor Leonida and her office and staff are unsanitary. She pushes vaccines for the sake of getting everyone vaccinated. The transfer rate of illness in there is incredible! My 3 week old came out with pink eye after a visit to her office! 10 days of antibiotics that I DID NOT WANT! Probably due to the lack of handwashing. A very elementary level of doctoring!!! And she gets REALLY offended if you ask her!!! Keep looking for another practice and just pass on this one. You'll save yourself a lot of upset and your child will end up healthier NOT going to her! Just want to add she thought my healthy child might have Hashimoto's disease. After unnecessary bloodwork for my newborn she figured out that my child didn't have it. Yeah duh...she was the wrong race for it!!!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2014

I am a former patient of Dr. Leonida she was the best doctor I ever had. The worst part of becoming an adult was that I had to get a new doctor. On one occasion I was hospitalized and she came to see me personally everyday, How Amazing! 6 years later she still answers questions for me and remembers exactly who I am! When I have children of my own she will be the only choice for my family.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

The quality and care that Dr. Leonida delivers as a pediatrician is incomparable. She treats her patients on every level; physically, emotionally, psychologically, etc. She been my sons' doctor for over 10 years and I can't even begin to describe just how helpful and knowledgeable she is. She is very thorough, personable and has a great bedside manner. Her nursing staff is also wonderful. I have only high praise for Dr. Leonida and all her staff. Based on my experience with them, I do not believe the bad comment made in November is true. I wonder about this person's mental state of mind. I would recommend her to anyone. Dr. Leonida is one of a kind.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2012

Dr. Leonida is a very poor communicator and her patients (children) do not matter to her, staff comes first. Dr. Leonida will intrude in your personal life. Her hygiene is very poor and when asked to wear gloves or wash her hands she will act very offended, NEVER prompt with any of our appointments. There are many problems with confidential information, leaking outside the office. Nurse Shanae A Lalor-Grand is a catastrophe waiting to happen in every professional way. Without washing her hands or wearing any protective gloves, dropped the syringe that is about to give my child a vaccine with, then touched the garbage can. She stormed out yelling and screaming when I told her that she would not give my child any kind of treatment. Her hygiene is beyond unsanitary, is criminal. When I approached Dr. Leonida regarding the nurse behavior she responded: “I have to take care of my nurse, not you or your child “ Station House Pediatrics is now under investigation.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2011

Dr. Leonida is the best pediatrician you can find in the area! My kids LOVE her. She is very patient, doesn't rush through appointments, is genuinely interested in her little patients lives (physical health as well as other aspects of their lives), that is, if they are eager to share. Our family has been with Dr. Leonida’s practice for 8 years. We truly feel fortunate and appreciative for the time we spent under her care. I recommended her to many of my friends and everyone who switched to her are very happy and thankful that they did it.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2011

She pushed immunizations on me "for the sake of others"...was always very late while my baby was cold and undressed and started to cry because of it. She became angry and offended when I asked her if she washed her hands. She definitely has a flair for the drama. Left her for a better practice.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

We have been using Dr. Leonida as our pediatrician for 21 years! We originally chose her because she was open & supportive when we said we wanted to use alternative medicine as much as possible. She is knowledgeable, caring and compassionate. She has made our girls feel respected through those rough adolescent physicals. We have loved working with "Dr. Sophie" and the other docs she has chosen to work with her.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2010

Dr. Sophia V. Leonida's Credentials

• State Med & Pharm Univ, Nicolae Testemitanu, Chisinau, Moldova (Grad. 1970)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Stratford, CT