Ratings for Dr. Samuel M. Alexander

Terrible Doctor---- cold, callous, uncaring. I too am shocked to see that I am not the only one who finds him so despicable.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2008

Dr. Alexander delivered my daughter last year. I personally find him "Moody". Sometimes he is sweet and sometimes he is very distant. The day I delivered my daughter it was almost like no one was in the room. He didn't speak just delivered her and left. That I found odd. The doctor I had before him that delivered my older children was so nice and friendly he made going to the doctor (which I HATE) a pleasant experience. Even though I wouldn't consider it a completely negative experience like previous posters had I wouldn't choose him if I were delivering another child.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2007

I thought he was a good Doctor until I had A miscarriage at 5 months and he had no idea what might have caused it. I went online and did my own research and found out I had the typical story of a weak cervix. I told him this at my visit and I also told him I would need a cerclage to stitch my cervix. He did not agree. I got pregnant again and miscarried again at 5 months. At that time I saw another dr who said my story was indeed common for a weak cervix and a cerclage was a must! He does not do his research and can have a very cold heart!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2007

HE IS A TERRIBLE DOCTOR. I WENT TO SEE HIM AFTER HAVING MY SECOND MISCARRIAGE,I WENT IN FOR A FOLLOW UP FROM A MISCARRIAGE,I WAS PREVIOUSLY INFORMED FROM ANOTHER DOCTOR THAT I HAD A BLOOD CLOTTING DISORDER,DR ALEXANDER TOLD ME I DIDNT HAVE THAT AND THAT I CAN TRY AGAIN,UPON DOING RESEARCH ON MY OWN, I LEARNED THAT TESTING SHOULD BE DONE AGAIN BEFORE TRYING, SO I CAME BACK THREE MONTHS LATER FOR A PRE CONCEPTION CONSULT,(INFORMED THE NURSE AND RECEPTIONIIST)AND WHEN HE GOT IN THE ROOM, HE DIDNT EVEN LOOK AT MY CHART, AND THOUGHT I WAS THERE BECAUSE I COULDNT GET PREGNANT,I HAD TO TELL HIM TO READ MY CHART FROM MY LAST VISIT. I THEN REQUESTED TO PLEASE RUN SOME TESTS ON ME,(LIKE SUPPOSED TO)AND HE DIDNT EVEN KNOW WHAT TESTS TO RUN, HE HAD HIS NURSE LOOKING IT UP IN THE BOOK AND SHE DIDNT EVEN KNOW WHICH ONES. I DO NOT RECOMMEND TO GO TO HIM, YOU WILL BE JUST ANOTHER NUMBER TO HIM. HE HAS NO CONCERN.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2006

When I was seeing Dr.Goodridge,when I had a miscarriage. She didn't do no surgery on me when I lost a baby. So, I had suffer all weekend. I went to the hospital on Monday in pain still she didn't come to me. So, they call of Dr. Alexander, he had found out the problem. I suppose to have a D&C. He save my life. Now, I got pregnant in 6 months again.He very caring doctor. Even my husband and mother likes him. He gets the job done.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2006

Very harsh and no simpathy. Husband and I sat in office waiting 10 minutes by ourselves when he stopped talking to us to answer a personal phone call. He said the pregnancy doesnt look promising and then a nurse came in and said your wife is on the phone. He said Ill be right back and didnt come back for 10 minutes. When he did he said in a casual vioce you most liking are having a miscarriage and left the room again. A nurse then comes in and tells us the results of the test and what it meant. I would not recommend him at all.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2006

Dr. Samuel M. Alexander's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 1993)

First Health Network