Ratings for Dr. Samuel M. Alexander

I recently went to him as a new pt. Bad mistake! Very cold dr and staff. The girl that was with him was either really new or really stupid. She didn't know anything and was very unhappy to be there. Every body seemed to be in a bad mood. Dr wasn't much better...seemed to be bother because he had a patient. Also told me I had signs of an infection and ran a test, then after exam he told me I probly have IC. I went in for a regular, general, yearly well woman exam, no problems, no symptoms, just needed my ocp's refilled. I just hope my ins. co. covers the costs cause if not he can eat the cost. Never step into this office. This guy is the reason ins cost is so high.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2009

I came to Dr. Alexander after exeriencing 8 weeks of unexplained abdominal pain. Several doctors had dismissed the pain as constipation or ovarian cysts but he listened to me and ordered a laproscopic surgery. I had the surgery on Friday and they found my appendix had leaked, was covered in scar tissue and I had adhesions covering my bowels and reaching to my liver. He called in another surgeon who was able to remove it all and I am recovering and finally pain free. I am so fortunate that he took me seriously and wasn't afraid to find the source of the pain.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2009

This is the nicest, most compassionate doctor I have been to. I have been going to him for years and he and his entire staff are wonderful. In fact, my last visit was great. I feel like they are family and very caring. He takes his time to listen and explain things. I would recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2009

i just wanted to let other women know your not alone he is the most dispicable thing we call a human. I had a stillborn with him he was so uncarry he delivered my dead baby and left !! yes left thank good we had an awesome nurse. his staff is equally rude and have no reguard for pt privacy HIPPA , please please power in numbers call the state board if you have be treated terribly by this dipicable man power in numbers if we can stop other women from his torcher we should I wish someone would have warnned me !! alo I find it very offensive to be told I am morbidly obese and may die if I were to get pregnant and just leave it at the one I lost is what he said to me FIY ht 5'5 175lbs

flag | Submitted October 21, 2009

I have only been to this doctor twice and both visit were great, the staff was very friendly and Dr. Alexander explained everything to me, I'm 2 weeks away from having surgery with him and I really can't wait to feel better. I just don't understand all the negative comments about him and the staff. How on earth can one man make every women he meets happy and not understand that doctors are human and have bad days once in a while.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2009

The first time I visited Dr. Alexander, I felt I needed to find another O.B. right away but in doubting my suspicions I continued my pre-natal visits. After seeing him a few times I do agree with the Dr. Jeckyl/ Mr. Hyde comparison and will definitely be going finding someone else. His staff are rude and seem to not care at all. He also told me that I had a prolapsed cervix and then a few visits later told me I didn't. He was not knowledgable of my medical history even though I had gotten my records trasferred to him. I would not recommend him to anyone. I've seen my share of Doctors and he has been my worst experience.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2009

I would not return to him. Long wait. Unclean office, rude staff.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2008

Dr. Alexander and his staff were always very friendly with me and took their time. I don't understand hwo so many people have such a problem with him. I really enjoyed my visits during my pregnancy. I will continue to go to him even just for my yearly checkups now. I hope that if I have another chlld, he will deliver that one also. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a good, caring doctor that is willing to take his time, answer your questions, and just be laid back overall. He's great!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2008

Obviously, Alexander is some type of Dr. Jekyl / Mr. Hyde..... I saw him one time and thought he was just HORRIBLE!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2008

Very caring and knowlegeable. Takes time with you and to explain diagnosis. Staff is very helpful and caring.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2008

Dr. Samuel M. Alexander's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 1993)

Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan