Ratings for Dr. Samuel M. Alexander

I have been going to Dr. Alexander for a few years now. His staff is uninviting and he makes you feel like just another number. Every time I leave his office I feel as though I forgot to ask all the questions I had because I feel so rushed while there. I really tried to learn to like him but it's just getting worse and worse. The office staff barely smiles unless they are all giggling amongst themselves in the back. I don't recommend going to him. Oh and they will always take you back to your room promptly but you will be waiting to see the doctor in an ice cold room for at least 20 minutes!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

I have been going to dr Alexander for over a year. I needed surgery on my cervix BC of severe abnormal cells. The surgery went great And he is very good when explaining any issues with anything!! After my surgery my husband and I wanted to start trying for a baby and Dr Alexander gave us the go ahead and within a week we were pregnant!! I am now 37 weeks and have been to him through the entire pregnancy. He has been awesome with helping me see a periniatologist to make sure my cervix stays closed and when I had my glucose test and found out i have gestational diabetes he mAde sure I was well taken care of. I recommend him to anyone looking for a great obgyn. Hes very thorough and makes sure any concerns are answered. I do not understand the negative comments about him or his staff. They have all been very nice and his office is very clean as well. I am happy to have him deliver my first child And I would go to him when I have my next child.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2015

A nurse at the hospital recommended him. He was very nice and helpful. All of the staff were very friendly. Best recommendation ever!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

Incredibly caring compassionate doctor who takes the time to listen to you

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

I highly recommend Dr. Samuel Alexander for any female issues you may be having. I was 40 y/o and after having 2 miscarriages in a 4-month timeframe, my husband and I were ready to quit trying to conceive, but Dr. Alexander kept encouraging us...and eventually I got pregnant with (& delivered) perfectly healthy twin boys! His positive attitude and extremely caring ways really helped us along with all the ups and downs of both miscarriages. Dr. Alexander was wonderful during the delivery of the boys and my after-care. I HIGHLY recommend this guy, he's wonderful in every aspect of the practice of medicine and he has the most sweet bed-side manner I have ever seen. Truly a caring and loving individual. Without Dr. Alexander, we would have given up on our dreams of having a baby (or babies I should say!)

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012

I LOVE DR. ALEXANDER. He always has your wellbeing at heart. I have recommended many people to him and will continue to do so. I have read some of the post and find it hard to believe, probably more to the stories. He has delivered both of my children and both experiences were great. For my second preg. I lived in West Monroe and would drive to Metairie for my appointments just to keep him as my Dr. His bedside manner is super. After each birth he came over and kissed me on the cheek and shook my husbands hand and congratulated us. Like the other post I too have had nurses at the hospital tell me how good of a doctor he is. I have also had some female issues in the past and I worry alot, he assures me that his job is to keep me healthy and I fine comfort in that. He is a great doctor who really listens to you. If you are looking for an AWESOME doctor please give him a chance. I have many friends and family that go to him and they all love him! His office staff is also very helpful.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2011

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE DR. ALEXANDER! He is heaven sent. This is the most caring, compassionate, knowledgeable doctor I have ever been to. After reading some of these comments, I found it a must that i post one. Dr. Alexander is the kind of doctor evey woman should want for a gyno. He is very extensive in examing you. He will address your concerns until he gets to the problem. He will not make you think its all in your head. I feel very blessed to have him for my doctor. There are not to many doctors left out there, that really care about their patients like he does. When I was pregnant with my son I had alot of throwing up in the beginning, it caused me to get dehydrated, at one of my hospital visits the nurse ask me who was my doctor, when i told her Dr Alexander, she told me something I already new, she said he is the best doctor out there. I must agree. The nurses at the hospitals will definitely know who the best doctors are. I'm just fortunate to have him for my doctor.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2011

I read this on him before i went and was very skeptical about this guy.... i went to him for my whole pregnancy yes sometimes he was moody but arnt we all at times? especially having to deal with pregnant, hormonal women all day???? lol but i have to say when it was time he was awesome in delivery his bedside manner GREAT! and he has a Great since of humor also give the man a chance he is human too! ~K.G.~

flag | Submitted June 22, 2010

I have ins that I pay high premiums for after my visit I was told I had to pay cash for my examine and all lab work b/c he aint on Coventry, they should have told me first I would have cancel the appt, but they wait til after and then the girl at the desk said sorry it:s 375.00 and the lab will bill you for the pap. I will never go back I hated him anyway very rude abd short. I did pay him 150.00 and he will never see the rest .I over heard the girl at the front say her insurabce is not my problem she needs to pay,if they are gonna talk about a patient wait til she is gone. best part my coventry book has him as a provider

flag | Submitted February 11, 2010

he not so mad , wouldnt say he is the best but not the worset I like him better than his staff they are worset

flag | Submitted January 18, 2010

Dr. Samuel M. Alexander's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 1993)