Ratings for Dr. Gerard March

Dr March was kind and explained everything to me. Wonderful man and Doctor.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

Simply put, Dr. March is a terrific orthopaedic surgeon. Has been over 5 years since he repaired my fractured hip in Osler Hospital in Bramp;ton, Ontario that had been caused by a benign tumour at the top of my femur. The surgery was apparently quite extensive and complicated (the stem of my implant extends down close to my knee joint). The comment of hospital staff that I encountered in subsequent follow up XRays was always something like "you've got a lot of hardware there". I don't think that I could have had a better surgeon nor a better result. I Highly recommend Dr. March.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2016

In Chatham the wait for my total hip was going to be over a year. I just had my hip replacement only 3 months after seeing Dr March. The entire experience at Bluewater health was very professional. Nursing and physiotherapy staff were excellent. Very satisfied but frustrated this was not available closer to home.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

My daughter fell off her bike and badly broke her ankle. The bone actually came through the skin. We were at Bluewater ER at 10p - Dr march came from home and saw us by 10:30 and our daughter was in the operating room by 11. She was back in her room on the floor by 1am and Dr march came and spoke to us and explained everything despite it being almost 2am. It's been several months but there has been no infection and she has healed very well. Slowly getting back to normal. I highly recommend Dr march - he and his team guided us through a very scary time.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

I received a hip replacement from Dr. March in January, 2015 and he is excellent beyond words can express I have been in pain for over 15 years and he not only took my pain away, I can actually walk fairly well again and I absolutely love him for what he did for me and STRONGLY recommend him to anyone!!!! My name is Lynne Mazurek and I thank Dr, March for everything he did for me!!!!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2015

Gave me a hip replacement after I broke it tripping on one of our "smooth" sidewalks. Nurses excellent. Physio excellent. I spent three weeks on the rehab floor but finally walking without cane. It's been a long two months but things finally getting back to normal. Dr march and his team took very good care of me and my wife through the whole experience.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

Dr march replaced both my knees. I am doing great and walking without pain. His clinics are busy but he takes time to ensure my questions are answered and that I have no concerns. He has taken the time to show me my X-rays and continues to follow up with me. I have found him polite and easy to talk to. His staff are also very easy to deal with. I highly recommend him and several of my friends have gone to him and are pleased the same as i. We are very lucky to have him here in Sarnia. I know that many patients come from other cities including London to see him.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

Misdiagnosed injuries due to ignoring radiologist's report because "he reads his own xrays". Missed several broken bones. Radiologist's report indicated there was suspicious areas and a CT scan was needed for diagnosis. Dr. March completely ignored the report. Patient was left in pain with obviously deformed foot. Patient went to another orthopedic surgeon with report outside local area. CT scan was taken and fractures that was missed by Dr. March's assessment was found. Surgery was needed to fix multiple fractures. I do not recommend Dr. March to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2015

Dr. Gerard March's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr March was kind and explained everything to me. Wonderful man and Doctor. "

March 17, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Just had full replacement knee surgery this past January 2016...before during and after my surgery Dr. March was there for me...he's the best!"

March 4, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great personality, great job on knee, was able to fix remnants of childhood Rickets... Looking forwardto getting my other knee fixed"

February 2, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Simply put, Dr. March is a terrific orthopaedic surgeon. Has been over 5 years since he repaired my fractured hip in Osler Hospital in Bramp;ton, Ontario that ..."

January 16, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "In Chatham the wait for my total hip was going to be over a year. I just had my hip replacement only 3 months after seeing Dr March. The entire experience at..."

October 30, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "My daughter fell off her bike and badly broke her ankle. The bone actually came through the skin. We were at Bluewater ER at 10p - Dr march came from home and s..."

August 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I received a hip replacement from Dr. March in January, 2015 and he is excellent beyond words can express I have been in pain for over 15 years and he not only ..."

July 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Gave me a hip replacement after I broke it tripping on one of our "smooth" sidewalks. Nurses excellent. Physio excellent. I spent three weeks on the rehab floor..."

July 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr march replaced both my knees. I am doing great and walking without pain. His clinics are busy but he takes time to ensure my questions are answered and that ..."

June 25, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://macombdds.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "N7S0" to "48026". Address has been updated from "None" to "31042 Utica Road". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "15862944455".

June 4, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Misdiagnosed injuries due to ignoring radiologist's report because "he reads his own xrays". Missed several broken bones. Radiologist's report indicated there w..."

May 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr March did a hip replacement for me in November 2013 4 months after my initial visit. He told me he was in and out in 1hour:20 . He had me walking a few steps..."

May 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had injured my left knee in October 2014. Dealing with Doctors in London and basically had to figure things out for myself. Extreme pain 24/7 and the wait ti..."

May 7, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I have never been treated so rudely by anyone. I think the Dr. March is a wonderful surgeon and I am very thankful to him for fixing my knee. I have been in a..."

April 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr March operated on my son's leg. He had a bad fall and broke his thigh bone into several pieces. Dr march was very good explaining what had to be done to us..."

March 6, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr March just replaced my knee about 3 months after my first appointment. The wait time at Chatham and Strathroy was over a year. Three people in Watford reco..."

February 2, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "My name is John stacer from Sarnia - another surgeon sent me to Dr march when my knee replacement became loose. Dr march did a large surgery 3 months ago redoin..."

December 3, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Rude and unhelpful. When told that I had undergone knee scope 3 years prior and was experienceng pain he simply replied "should have seen me 3 years ago" tota..."

November 30, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My name is Sarah Howorth from St Thomas. Dr. March replaced my hip in August 2014. I was told by my local surgeon I would have to wait until January 2016 for ..."

November 22, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr March just completed my second total knee and I feel great -- I had my first total knee in 2012 and wanted to have my second one right away but I had a hear..."

November 21, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr March just treated my 10 year old's broken arm. She had to have surgery with two plates after a very bad fall during soccer. Dr March and his staff were am..."

October 21, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr March is a complete idiot! 8 months 3 mri's 2 X-rays, still no results or diagnosis, rude couldn't tell a right hand from the left! Staff not very bright sti..."

October 15, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I first saw Dr. March in early March regarding a hip problem. I had been in pain for the previous year or so and he quickly determined I could be helped with a..."

October 9, 2014