Ratings for Dr. Jerome Doucet

Nope you are not the only one the secretary there is a hag. Hateful. The younger one looks bored and like shed rather be anywhere than where she is!!! He asked me to ask them to call me when he had filled out some form she ignored me kept her head down and threw the forms on a table behind her.

Submitted June 26, 2017

I thought I was the only one having problems with his secretary. butI guess not. She is the reason that I want to switch doctor's . She is very hateful and should get some sort of treatment also.

Submitted September 9, 2016

I feel like I literally have to hound the older secretary to answer the phone. My last appointment with Dr. Doucet was a couple of weeks ago. I gave him permission to speak with a family member (with a medical background who has questions and concerns about my health), I specifically said he could talk to her about my medications and a possibility of going to Homewood in Ontario. Very few minutes into the phone call it turned into a conversation that I did not consent to. I began crying and said that I didn't want them to talk anymore, but instead of interrupting my family member and clarifying that I did not give permission for them to have this conversation he calmly waiting until she finished her stories about me. I am in an extremely fragile state right now and unable to work because my medications are not working, I got up (still crying) and said Im not okay with this and I'm leaving now. Thanks. To my surprised, I never received a phone call to reschedule the appointment the first week so I began calling. LEAVING A MESSAGE EVERY TIME! The older secretary (who is working 9 times out of 10 of seeing him), is a nasty old lady who has yelled at me multiple times, once over the appointment I told her that I did NOT confirm. I spoke to Dr. Doucet about her, gave him a few calm suggestions about ways she could improve, like reminding her how sensitive the clients are that deal with her. This was the beginning of June and nothing has changed. I am so disappointed in the service they are trying to offer, and I don't have a family doctor here to get a new referral. Something needs to be done with this secretary because she should not be upsetting a patient with severe anxiety, severe depression and Borderline Personality Disorder who's medications are not working.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

Dr. Doucet was a bad fit with me. Although punctual and cordial I feel I was but a number and a thorn in his practice. Dr. Doucet simply does not seem to hear, most times, when a patient speaks with him. It is also annoying and disrespectful when a doctor checks their mobile device during a consult. The tension in his office can be cut with an axe most times. The older receptionist is blatantly rude. I never saw any of them smile. My heart goes out to the younger receptionist. I can only pray she will find another place of employment before she, as well, becomes bitter.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2016

I've been working with Dr. Doucet for over 2 years now. With his help, I've regained most of my health back. He is kind, knowledgeable and empathetic. He has two receptionists. The young one is a sweetheart. The older one yelled at me one day because the radio was loud and giving me anxiety, and I turned down the volume so the thing wasn't screaming in my ears. She stomps ovre, yells at me (already in a fragile state...that's why I'm there in the first place), and sits back down. Whenthe patient sitting next to me talks to ma about her unacceptable behaviour, she pokes her head out and yells at us somemore. If I could get a new psychiatrist, I would, just based on that experience.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

This Doctor was a blessing in disguise for me. He helped my son with his Mental Health issues, when all other Doctors said he was faking. Invisible illnesses are hard to diagnose.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

He is helpful but receptionist is rude, impatient and has a horrible personality. ( The older one that is) I don't know how she continues to remain employed there.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2016

Dr. Doucette is an amazing Doctor. He truly cares about his patients and always listens to my issues and concerns. I can truly say when I met him and we worked though the proper treatment, he gave me my life back. I echo what others have said about his assistant. She is the ultimate Gate Keeper and comes across as being very rude and unprofessional. I realize it's her job to keep him somewhat shielded from the barrage of patients that want access to him but she needs to find a way that's more diplomatic

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

It is exceptionally hard to get in to see him. Sometimes you need to be seen before your next appointment... because that is what the psychiatrist in the ER told you. Yet his receptionist stone walls you and wont budge to try and get you in sooner. It is a real problem, and when I speak to him he says had he known he'd have squeezed me in. This happened a few times. As a physician he seems competent. I found he tended towards multiple medications instead of fewer. I can understand the rhetoric in starting big then minimizing once you are healthy, but that is really expensive. He seemed knowledgeable and good at explaining things. Was easy to get along with. I think if I had been able to see him more frequently, we'd have developed a good doctor-patient relationship and I would have had a very good experience. Unfortunately, it just didn't work seeing him every 3 months when so much tweaking of my medication was required an I was hitting rock bottom. I'm sympathetic to the fact that it is a demanding job and he probably has a large number of patients under his care. But something is not working with the appointment scheduling -- especially when it is an emergency.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

I felt rushed and felt like he was condescending at times. It's not easy to open up about traumatic events within 1 minute of entering his exam room. I would not recommend him. I found him to have a poor bedside manner.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016