Ratings for Dr. Matthew Barfield

Punctual with great bedside personality. He spent time examining me and educated me about my condition.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Dr Barfield is a kind physician that is excellent at diagnosing painful conditions and is able to pinpoint pain generators with minimally invasive procedures that can spare people unnecessary surgeries. I am grateful that I found this physician and am able to continue working because of him and his staff. Thank you Dr Barfield.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

Always rushed with horrible bedside manner. Never listens to the patient and often makes a treatment approach before even talking to you. This place is only interested in helping you if you agree to numerous expensive procedures they can bill your insurance company outlandishly for. On most visits you never see the Dr. Himself, instead you see the Physician's Assistant who is very limited on what she can do. This Dr. Is young and comes across as though he has a "God" complex. He needs to be more compassionate to patients' needs and more of a good listener. On the bright side, the Pascagoula office is very nice and new. Most of the front desk people and nurses are nice.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2014

I have been in chronic pain after my failed back surgery for over 10 years. I was treated by "Pain Management" for many years with high doses of Methadone causing me to be unable to work, spend time with family and enjoy hobbies as I felt "doped up". I finally found Dr. Barfield at Comprehensive Pain and Rehabilitation. They have helped me regain me life. Contrary to the previous reviewed, I have a spinal cord stimulator now that has decreased my severe chronic pain by more than 80%. I am so grateful for the compassion, time and energy as well as the advanced knowledge of the doctors at Comprehensive Pain and Rehabilitation. By the way, I am off Methadone and feel so much more like myself.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2012

Don't see this doctor ever!! this doctor and his staff will make you suffer in pain and they will never give the proper or right amount of pain medicine to you. They want to install a $20,000.00 spine stimulator with $5,000 a year follow up appointments. Worse group of doctors and PAs I have ever seen.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2012