Ratings for Dr. Luis Piedade

Do not use RiteBite. I have never experienced nor would have expected the lack of kindness, care or professionalism that I have with RiteBite. I am especially disappointed because it is in relation to a child (my daughter is 10). Treating a child in the way that she has been treated and evoking fear is the exact opposite of what her experience should be. Orthodontics are already a fearful experience and when there is an issue it should always be treated with kindness, compassion and professionalism - especially when working with a child. A business is not only defined by how it treats patients or customers when everything goes right, it is truly defined by what happens and how people are treated when things go wrong. In our case, my daughter has suffered. She has had to have her retainer replaced 3 times due to breakage. Each time, staff were not only unhelpful but their medical practices were highly questionable. They did not refer to her chart or adjust the retainer according to her needs AND dental / previous visit records - causing pain and bleeding. In our last visit the office manager talked over me and was so forceful that my daughter started to cry and had to go to the waiting room to calm down. It has been such a horrible experience that I have reported it to the dental association and removed my daughter from this orthodontists care. I agree with the post below - if everything goes perfectly you may be ok. As soon as there is any issue the staff will not know how to manage it and the patient will suffer through the process.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

Although some of the girls are very nice and the progress of my daughter teeth is also going fairly well, you better just hope you don't have any issues that might need a quick fix in between appointment or you have to either wait 9 days for an appointment or its recommended that you drive 37 mins one way to Waterloo or 1hr to Listowel to be seen. When I decided to just drop in to the office to see if someone could take the 4 mins it took to fix the problem. I received rolling of eyes and attitude and when they took my 13 year old daughter in the back THEY TOLD MY DAUGHTER that it didn't look like it hurt and wasn't really causing any damage to her cheek or gums. Not very happy with patient "care"!!! This is the second time we've needed an adjustment and the second time we've had difficulty getting an appointment.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

Dr. Luis is amazing and so are the staff that work at the Cambridge office!! Could not be more happier with my sons smile who just got his invisaligns off and is now using the retainer at night time!! Everyone is complimenting him on how amazing his teeth look! I can't wait until my daughter gets her braces on by the Ritebite team!!! You guys are all amazing friendly and caring!!! I could not have picked a better place and would recommended you guys to everyone I know!!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

My advice go elsewhere.... After over 2 years of treatment of using Invisalign I was told everything was going well up until 6 weeks before I should have done treatment. By this time it was clear not much progress had been made when Dr.Luis falsely accused me of being "non-compliant, " and he could not even look me in the eye and when he said it, which was surprising since he seemed to have no problem bullying me on other occassions.  In fact, the entire appointment on this occassion he did not address me, he spoke only to his hygienist who then had to relay the message onto me. Six weeks later, at very last appontment, I was told that I would need regular braces instead of Invisalign to fix my overbite and it would take another 2 years. Dr. Luis then claimed that he was "doing me a favour" and only charging $3600 over and above the $6000 I had already paid him to fix my teeth?! After stating to him that I have been the one who has been patient with him in fixing my teeth and the multiple issues that you as a patient experience going to see him... lack of available appointments, long wait times in the waiting room amongst other things he interupted me on every occasion.  Saying, "do you know how much it costs to run a practice in all these locations? do you know how much I have to pay my girls?" The truth was it was never "non-compliance," as Dr. Luis claimed but the multiple mistakes made him, combined with the very real possibility that my dental issues (tooth angle and overbite) were too severe of a case for Invisalign to correct in the first place. In my experience don't believe Dr. Luis when he claims he can fix your complex issue with Invisalign when others say they can't. He'll may be happy to take your money and try...but leave you with the  job half done and conviently blame it on you in the process as he did me. Buyer beware, it's all written into his contract. My advice....save your time and money and go elsewhere. I am now restarting another 2 years of treatment with regular braces and another orthodonist, who treats me with dignity and respect and am choosing to pay over $6000 to do so.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2016

My experience with Dr Luis at RiteBite has been great. My progress has been right on track, and I am loving my new smile. Dr Luis and his team are so friendly and helpful. I lost 2 sets of aligners during my Invisalign treatment, and their office was able to quickly and easily have new aligners created for me and shipped to my home. The office is gorgeous and inviting. Their payment plans are also so helpful. I would 100% recommend Dr Luis, RiteBite and Invisalign to everyone.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

First treatment was in October 2015...already noticing results! Excellent customer service by Dr Luis & team. Always greeted by name, appreciate the jokes with the ladies at front desk & the information and care during check-ups. Flexible financing options make Invisalign affordable. Appointments are on-time and are catered around work schedule. Reward program & cookies of gratitude are a bonus! Kathy K

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

Very busy, over crowded office. Great staff Dr. is OK.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

Can not say enough great things about the team. They treated all three of my children like gold and were very friendly and professional. Dr Luis treated all of my kids with kindness and answered all of their and my questions and concerns. He had a great attitude and was very thorough in regards on how each child's treatment would unfold. I highly recommend Dr Luis and his staff and look forward to seeing their beautiful smiles at every appointment. The Schell family

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

Amazing team from the front to the back and my son loved that Dr. Luis talked to him about sports and made him feel comfortable. We are more than thrilled with the results of his Phase 1 of treatment and will be ready for Phase 2 when they call us!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

Amazing friendly and fun team and the results of the treatment were amazing!!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015