Dr. Eva Fisher

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Eva Fisher

amazing doctor, very knowledgeable. Dr Fisher helped our son who she determined had anxiety and gave us the tools to support him. My son has different challenges and it is what a amazed us that this doctor was able to help us. I would recommend her.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2017

Dr. Fisher was very kind and patient with me during our first meeting. She listened to my concerns and we talked about some quick tips and techniques that I could adopt to help me relax. I'm already looking forward to our next session.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

I was referred to Dr Fisher by my GP. At first I felt uncomfortable telling her about all my problems, I was constantly tired, and wasn't eating or sleeping properly. I started to fall behind on payments and bills. I was stressed and anxious and it showed. But after a few back and forth questions I began to feel more and more at ease with Dr Fisher. She not onlly took the time to understand where I was coming from, but also helped me plan for the future with long term goals. She has the most important skill of any Doctor, in that she listens to you as a patient and responds to your concerns. I plan on continuing my sessions and highly recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Dr. Fisher is amazing, professional, and very experienced. She saved our relationship. I am very happy that I chose her and I will absolutely recommend her.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

I brought my teenaged daughter to see Dr. Fisher only once because my daughter would not return. My daughter felt that Dr. Fisher did not listen to her and made some quick assumptions and rash suggestions about what my daughter should do to alleviate her symptoms of anxiety. I sat in on this session for the first half, and had a similar impression. There was little time spent on developing a therapeutic relationship. Instead, Dr. Fisher seemed to move very quickly to solutions, almost telling my daughter what to do. I was very disappointed because its taken some time to get my daughter to agree to speak to someone about her anxiety, and now she is more reluctant to do so than ever. My daughter said she felt worse about herself after leaving the appointment. I would not recommend her for adolescents.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

Dr. Fisher is amazing! She has a unique talent of making you feel comfortable and safe, while still getting at the heart of difficult issues. She has helped me understand that avoidance is never the answer, how to acknowledge what I’m feeling, how to move forward with choices that are best for me, and most important, how to forgive myself when I’m not as strong as I think I should be. She is intelligent, kind, caring and non-judgmental. She is punctual and gives you her full attention during your appointment. She has been instrumental in helping me face a difficult situation that I could not resolve on my own and I am very happy that I choose Dr. Fisher for guidance during a very painful and confusing time in my life. Without hesitation I would recommend this wonderful professional.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Fisher for several years now. She has always been there for me when I needed help. I highly recommend her to anyone seeking professional counselling services.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

Dr. Fisher is the first Psychologist I have met who truly cared about me and the family issues I was dealing with. She took the time to listen to my concerns and really got me. It gave me the courage to confront the toxic people around me that I really needed to move on from. Couldn't have done it without her ongoing support.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

Absolutely terrible. She didn't know what to do. She made me anguished and worst my situation Stay away of this person.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

I am a professional with two university degrees. I became sick following an event at work. Dr. Fisher became my psychologist. At my employer's request, Dr. Fisher provided them with a report, answering questions they had. Upon receiving the bill, my employer refused to immediately pay it, requesting clarification for th 3,600$ she charged for it. Dr. Fisher refused to explain herself to my employer and instead, turned around requesting I pay the bill. I refused, taking a restaurant analogy; I did not order the meal, the meal was not delivered to me, nor did I eat it. I will not pay it that bill. This unfortunate issue is between you and the employer. Dr. Fisher threatened me to put an end to my therapy if I refused to pay her bill. I replied by email my union and I will work together to get you paid but do not come after your patient. Her email answer was that my refusal to pay created a breach of trust and she kicked me out of therapy. A few weeks afterwards, my insurance company for LTD requested answers to questions. She ignored their requests. After a second request, she answered their questions although refused to contact me, to collaborate with me, including with my my general physician (GP), and knowingly provided wrongful answers, some of which are the exact opposite of the ones my GP provided (my insurance company also asked him questions, many of which were the same), saying I was great. She has jeopardize my financial and mental wellbeing. I have now no choice but to retain a lawyer, here in Ottawa. Have any other patients experienced such treatment?

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

Dr. Eva Fisher's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English