Ratings for Dr. Shannon Allen-Lewicke

I was a patient of Dr. Lewicke about 5 years ago when she worked at Summers Medical Clinic. I was only able to get in to see her a few times but asked about some medical conditions that she dismissed as not being a big deal or out of the ordinary. One and a half years after that, while living abroad, I was still having the same issues that she dismissed and finally had the confidence to meet with a doctor there who immediately took the issue seriously because what I had asked about was NOT normal and needed to be looked into. I was dignosed with uterine polyps, endometriosis and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome that were causing irregular and extremely heavy bleeding as well as severe contractual pain. We have now been struggling with infertility for 5 years. I wish she had seriously addressed this 5 years ago when I first came to see her. Hope this helps someone who may be in a similar situation where they have had any issues dismissed that they are concerned about.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Lewicke for about 5 years now and I would highly recommend her to anyone. She is compassionate, knowledgeable and a true patient advocate. Dr. Lewicke will refer to specialists when needed and is great with follow-up, even calling me personally to discuss lab results when she knew it was difficult for me to attend the clinic.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2016

Dr. Lewicke is the best doctor I have had. I have followed her through 3 clinics because she is that good. I have presented her with some iuncommon health challenges and, unlike other doctors I have had, she will tell you when she doesn't know and will research it. I appreciate that she is willing to look into the proper treatment instead of guessing and throwing drugs at it

flag | Submitted October 23, 2016

Always very thorough and detailed. Dr Lewicke is very personable.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

After seeing this doctor for the last year, I'm finding that she spends more time on the computer when she's with you. I asked her a basic question about side effects of a medication and gave a blank stare. Not so reassuring. She's nice however not sure I trust her with more complex medical issues. The confidence doesn't seem to be there.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

I am so grateful to have Dr. Lewicke as my family doctor. She makes me feel really comfortable in what should normally be an uncomfortable situation. Extremely personable and friendly. Listens to my concerns! I don't feel like I am being rushed through the appointment or limited to a few questions. Love her!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

Dr. Allen when I began seeing her, now Dr. Lewicke is a very caring, concerned Dr. I have seen a few in my time and she is extremely thorough and listens well. She comes up with options and is the best caretaker I have had the pleasure of knowing in the past years. If you want a great Dr. that will get to the bottom of any physical problem, she is definately the one I highly recommend. Staff is caring and kind as well.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

A friend of mine recently told me you want a old family doctor and a young dentist. You want an old doctor because they are less likely to push prescriptions (specifically antibiotics). In my experience, you want a smart, caring doctor with good bed-side manner, just like Dr. Lewicke (age is irrelevant). I have not found her to be a "pill pusher" which I appreciate since I am very conscious of antibiotic overuse. It is easy to get an appointment to see her and her diagnosis of our family ailments have been fair and accurate. I look forward to having her as our doctor for years, and years to come.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

A few years back I had come to Dr. Lewicke with a set of ongoing problems. She was extremely reticent to make any meaningful attempts at diagnosing the issues I had, most were simply token efforts along with attempts to evade and dismiss symptoms which have now been identified by a separate doctor. I genuinely don't believe Dr. Lewicke to be so unqualified as to have not seen the implications of my symptoms. I get the distinct impression my problems were ones she was disinterested in, based on the work my case potentially entailed. The first thing the specialist who diagnosed me had asked when they came to their diagnosis was that they were shocked that I hadn't sought help sooner. I had with many doctors, her being among them. Be forewarned, if you have any illness that may require extra effort and advocacy on a doctor's behalf, I highly recommend you do not see this one. Bumps and bruises and easy stuff only!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2014

Love Dr Lewicke. She's extremely easy to talk to and voice all of your concerns.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014