Ratings for Dr. Ian Postnikoff

Well, my wife was an addict. Went through a lot of stuff and went there. And she went from a cruddy existence after a medical procedure and being addicted to opiates, and then getting into street drugs to this clinic. Her dosage of methadone over approximately a year kept getting upped and upped and she became functionally unable to do anything other than pass out with a lit cigarette in her hand and yell when she was woken up from nodding off. Pretty much the antithesis of one would assume the program was for. All the while justified by this guy's program in the sense that she was far worse off on his treatment program than even just being a straight up street addict. She died like 6 months after I had to ask her to leave our house. Maintenance is not a cure. And I don't know if other individuals have been helped by him, but how the heck does upping someones opioid dose consistently for months after their initial enrolment while to be blunt feeding their attitude of justifying using make for a good program?

flag | Submitted August 12, 2017

The ONLY negative thing I have to say is the staff can be helpful one day and mess with your appointment time the next. As for Dr. P himself, he is a great great methadone doctor! He knows his stuff both chemically and mental (being a psychiatrist as wel). He has everything to help you. TO THOSE WITH NEGATIVE COMMENTS TOWARDS DR. P; Listen to what you are saying . "My son/daughter is addicted/dependant to methadone and it's all Dr. Ps fault!" . Dr. P supplies the medication and direction . It's up to the ADDICT to take it properally, not his! You can go down on your methadone dose as slowly and as SMALL of a dose change as YOU want! You being the addict. You have to want it and it's work it's not suppose to be an easy way out! If there was an easy way out ANYWHERE everyone would do drugs! Take responsibility for your own actions and choices and make better ones! It's not suppose to be easy... the methadone was a god sent for me as the withdrawals of cold turkey or detox were not Managable and felt like hell on earth. The methadone works if you follow the directions and if you know it's. it going to feel great all the time, but no where NEAR the intensity of cold turkey or detox withdrawals. Dr. P listens to what you want to do, but I also love his no nonsense approach. Piss dirty, you're in trouble. Just follow step by step his plan for you, and he isn't against adding in medications to help with the minor withdrawals of weaning off methadone. Also.. ITS A PRIVATE CLINIC .. that's why you pay and that's why you get service in a matter of a week or 2 as oppose to 2-5 month wait at the FREE METHADONE CLINIC wich complainers may join any time they don't want to pay their $40 a month. Thank you Dr. P . It's been 1 year on methadone and 1 year of sobriety from Fentanyl . In 1 short year I have gone from a heavy heavy fentanyl user, to 125mgs of methadone, and currently already down to 65 mgs. 1 more year and I'll be free :) I cannot wait and it's all because of Dr. P and Methadone. (Soboxone is also an option)

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

Very scary. My son is so dependant on methadone he can't get off it. Over the for years of use his personLity has completely changed. He sleeps most of the time, gained 60 lbs, and has now developed hoarding traits. So scary to watch how this med changed my sons life. I wish in hind sight we forced a detox from the start...unfortunately this was not my choice. This clinic should have mandatory counselling and sessions to help move towards a drug free life. I don't see any attempt to see my son do better. I lost my son and my heart is broken. Please think twice before going down this scary deep downward spiral. I lost my son, please seek a better way. A little pain in the beginning will save you in the long wrong.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2016

Dr. Postnikoff is truly a blessing for his patients. While he takes a no nonsense approach to recovery he is caring sympathetic and empathetic and incredibly knowledgeable on the area of his practice. Without his clinic there would be almost no opportunity for a comfortable, effective recovery.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

Without Dr. P there would be almost no opportunity for treatment. I volunteer in addictions and have not found any clinics that will take those who are addicted in a timely fashion. Any clinic that will take fentanyl addicts have waiting lists of 5 months and up. When someone wants to quit, they can't wait 5 month. That is a death sentence. Yes, there are times you have to wait to get in to see the Dr. but addiction is a growth industry and Dr. P works as hard as he can to help the addicted and sometimes he spends more time with a client and this sets back other's appointment time. Same happens in every doctor's office. Try going to the hospital and getting prompt service! Yes there is a $40 dollar monthly fee, this is needed to help keep the clinic open. Before you start complaining about this fee, research how recovery clinics are financed. There is no magic money machine that clinic staff can go to to get operating capital for keeping the doors open. Dr. P is not doing this for the money, he does it to help the addicted and to help those who can't help themselves. My advice to those who are not satisfied with Dr. P's services, go else where and be kind enough to let us all know where that is. Thank you Dr. Podnikoss and staff for saving the life of the woman I advocate for and all the other people I have med at the clinic. My friend would be dead now if it were not for Second Chance. God bless you all. Big T

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

this prick tampered with my PRESCRIBED METHADONE AND INTENTIONALLY MADE ME ILL FROM WITHDRAWL FOR ALMOST AN ENTIRE YEAR, I AM/STILL AM GOING TO BRING THIS CASE INTO PROVINCIAL COURT AS SOON AS I HAVE THE MEANS. DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2016

Excellent doctor. Very helpful and committed with the patients

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

My daughter never recovered. I feel this clinic made her very dependant on methadone.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2015

I was a patient until I could no longer afford his monthly "blackmail fees" If you don't pay he doesn't renew your prescription. A lot of his clients are on welfare including myself & that $40. is a lot of money to some of us. Also, If you owe a pharmacy money or miss an appt, a $50. charge, he won't renew your script unless you pay. He demanded I pay an out of town pharmacy for methadone I was NEVER to receive because I moved & they had already made up my carries...three weeks worth??? I doubt it! He's overbooked & many times I've sat in the waiting room well over an hour listening to other clients complain about the time. I'm just glad that monkey is finally off my back!

flag | Submitted December 19, 2014

I was a "client" of his for a year and found all they care about is getting your money. Allegedly, Dr P is on Methadone too since he too is subject to random UA's (he told me himself). I have heard he's still on his drug of choice, and to keep the College of Physicians off his back, he overdoes his job. Yeah. He's knowledgeable, because he's been there (and allegedly still there) done that.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014