Ratings for Dr. Eilenna Denisoff

Don't believe the good reviews here, probably written by Eilenna or her staff. Terrible terrible: hardly talked a few sessions in a row, made me feel worse, just got her $200 per hour. Specialist in anxiety? All I can say is if she is the best CBT specialist in Toronto, the mental health help available in this city is really sad.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

This doctor has no patience and has a bit of temper. I didn't not receive the care for my anxiety or depression. I got more anxiety after I left and I'm still been treated for it. Not recommended

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

What a ripoff! Very little value to the patient. All she cares about is grabbing all your insurance money.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

I was diagnosed with GAD and had severe anxiety. I saw Dr. Denisoff for a period and she was amazing. She knows the symptoms and how to treat anxiety inside out. She changed my life around and if it wasn't for her I would have probably been on anti depressants and still dealing with issues every day. The lessons I learnt from her will stay with me for the rest of my life. Yes she may have been a few minutes late to appointments but gave you the 50 minutes always! Don't waste your time or money else where - she is the best when it comes to CBT.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

BESSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

Dr.Denisoff seems to jump to the wrong conclusions on issues and will lash out at you by yelling. She takes you out on exposures walks and runs her our errands ands ruins 30 mins of your time. I was disappointed and would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

I saw Dr. Denisoff regularly for approximately 18 months, and the comments here seem somewhat surprising. I would say that the majority of people here are not willing to actually learn the CBT approach to coping with anxiety disorders, but rather would prefer to have someone say "it's going to be okay" over and over again (for $200/hr). Dr. Denisoff has a vast understanding of psychology, beyond that of any other psychologist or psychiatrist that I've ever met. I will truly be grateful for her therapy. I gave her 4/5 for punctuality, and this really isn't related to the scheduled sessions - they may start 5-10 minutes late, but always run for 50 minutes+, as per her commitment (also standard in the industry), but I found she was sometimes challenging to get an appt with. Overall though, absolutely fantastic.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

Dr. Denisoff helped turn my life around. Prior to seeing her I had seen a slew of psychiatrists none of whom drastically helped, some of whom had made my issues worse. Dr. Denisoff provided a range of strategies to help me with my generalized anxiety and OCD. I also found her empathetic and easy to develop a rapport with. She clearly cares about her clients. I originally had difficulty because we started with exposures and while doing exposures I found it difficulty to contain my anxiety; however, then we worked on anxiety containment strategies and I found I got much better. I was desperate for anxiety help and I was at the end of my rope, and Dr. Denisoff really helped turn things around for me. If you are willing to put in work and you have an anxiety disorder I highly recommend Dr. Denisoff, definitely one of the best mental health practitioners in Toronto. Good mental health practitioners are extremely difficult to come by, so thank you Dr. Denisoff. I wish I had found you earlier in my life. My only point that I somewhat dislike, is that she always ends exactly on the hour despite being in the middle of working on something. I would recommend perhaps that she time her sessions slightly better so that we finish the task on hand prior to the session ending. As well, I find it sometimes hard to get a session with her because she has a lot of patients, and she does not always return phone calls due to her patient volume. Overall though, amazing amazing psychologist.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2015

Listen, if you are suffering from Anxiety GO GO Go to Dr. Denisoff. She is brilliant. Absolutely is. I cannot recommend her enough. I am alive because of her. I am so perplexed by some of the reviews below. Yes, she is late, all the time, but her knowledge is AMAZING. She is the reason I am living after Trauma.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2014

Like most people on here I did not have a very positive experience with dr denisoff. I saw her for my depression and anxiety and after numerous sessions saw no improvement. I found that she was a bit insensitive and rushed through sessions and that every session was the same as the one before.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014