Ratings for Dr. Mary Jane Podnieks

Always a minimu 30 minute wait for appointments. And this is someone who charges a late fee!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2016

Horribe, ignorant, worst family doctor ever you will meet! Spends 2 minutes on you and will abrupt the session. Not listening to the patients need! Brings shame to the Albany Clinic.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

I have been a patient at Albany Medical Clinic for over 10 years now. I was originally with Dr. Axler, along with my father for a number of years, and he was fantastic. When he retired we were referred to Dr. Podnieks and I couldn't be happier, my experiences thus far have only been positive. From issues surrounding mental health, to physical injuries she has been more than accommodating and understanding of my needs and expectations and trusting in the other health care providers (surgeon, physiotherapists, psychologist etc.) I have chosen for care. She respects my lifestyle and habits and doesn't push anything you are uncomfortable with. I appreciate her honesty, willingness to listen and overall approach to healthcare. As others have stated in their comments, you cannot simply direct blame onto your healthcare providers as you are your number one caregiver. Be proactive, educate yourself, ask questions and listen.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

Dr Podnieks is my family doctor for 4 years. Throughout the years I have found her rude and abrupt. Not listening for all of the issues I had, opening her door, implicating the session is over. Gave the wrong medicine to my daughter. Refused to renew my prescription. I am searching for a new family doctor. Beware!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

So far we are pleased and have no complain, she gained our trust by her knowledge, kindness and caring.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

Ignorant of mental health issues in s big way. If you have a sore throat or something might be okay. I found her condescending and rude.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

My Wife was with Dr. Axler from the time she was born. She was given to Podnieks. Horrible. Horrible Doctor. Curt, impersonal. My wife has got a host of issues and one of them is agoraphobia and major depression. The woman cut her medication in half...not narcotics. Anti-depressants basically. I just received a call from her receptionist where I was told that she will cut her meds off if she misses another psyche appointment she will be cut off her meds.Her doctor is threatening to cut off her anti-depressants. First, it's not like my wife hasn't been assessed already. The psyche doctor that Podnieks referred her to ended up on maternity leave after six weeks. Now we missed an appointment with the most recent psych doctor and that is when the threat was made. Podnieks knows that the issues of my wife are dire. She even went so far as to state that she thinks she may be suicidal. cut off meds? lol u gonna cut the meds of a patient you feel is suicidal? I can't wait. Be wary. jblackson

flag | Submitted January 22, 2014

I feel so fortunate to be a patient of Dr. Podnieks. My experiences with her have been consistently positive. I find her to be extremely knowledgable, thorough, and accomodating. She is also kind, caring, patient and genuine. She takes the time to answer any questions I may have, and never makes me feel rushed in any way. I will never change Doctors again! Thank you Doctor Podnieks!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Podniecks since she started her practice at the Albany. I have recommended her to my best friend and to several family members. They have all started going to her and all have glowing things to say about Dr. P. I am a diabetic and she brings me in every 3 months for follow-up checks. She goes over my blood/urine results with me on a result-by-result basis. She is extremely thorough, takes time to answer questions and cares about her patients. She is a great family doctor and I feel lucky to have her taking care of me. I am frankly surprised that some people have written such negative comments. Doesn't sound remotely like the doctor I see on a regular basis. I'm sorry their experiences were not as good as mine and hope they are able to find alternate health care that will fulfill their needs.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2013

Have been her patient for some time and I am just thoroughly unimpressed. Cancer scare's twice last year lead me with no trust in her as my doctor. She is also not personable, or caring in any way as doctors should be. She's very curt, very short with her explanations and I feel like I'm either bothering her all the time or she's got better things to do. This has been my consistent opinion. I just don't get it. Throughout my scare of cancer, I felt on my own with no direction and fended for myself. Looking for a new doctor as we speak. I am sure she is a wonderful person, but as for a caring, helpful, approachable doctor - I do not recommend her.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2013