Ratings for Dr. Mary Jane Podnieks

Very nice doctor. I was with Dr. Vardar, who retired. Very happy so far.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

As a patient of Dr. Axler for 35 years, I was expecting the same quality of treatment. What a misnomer. Getting an appointment with Dr. Podnieks within two weeks is exceptional. Currently I have a hubby who has been ill for two weeks and they cannot see him for another week. Unacceptable, but seems to be the norm for her. Very personable, but as a Doctor, I could not possibly recommend her and am looking for another doctor who cares and is more available.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Love her! She's friendly, attentive and listening to all our needs. She has been caring for me and my family for 4 years. Plus she's available on Saturdays which is amazing. Highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

I have had Dr. Podnieks for about four years now when Dr. Axler retired, I had Dr. Axler for over 35 years and was pleased to take Dr. Podnieks for my new family doctor. She has helped me with my health and never rushed me out. I find she is pretty much on time with appointments not that much waiting for me on my visits. Does not over prescribe medications and takes me off those she feels I no longer need. I am very happy to have her as my doctor.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

Worst doctor I've ever dealt with. Rude doesn't begin to cover it. I left Albany clinic because of her and found an awesome doctor (Andrew Chou) at Magenta Health. That's the only thing I have to thank her for. Awful

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

I am surprised at some of these ratings as she has been very helpful. I also was a long time patient of Dr Axler and as much as I loved him he also had his days, they are only human. She has guided me through my illness with care and hugged me on the way out. I like her a lot. She has never been late for me, I come prepared with my questions which might help but she had never made me feel like I am taking up her time.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

Honestly so disappointed with Dr. Podneiks as the years passed. I had only great things to say about her back around 2012 when I first signed on to be her patient. She was very helpful, accommodating, and took the time to listen to you. Then I am not sure what happened but I started to feel more and more that my appointments became shorter and unhelpful. She made me feel as if I was wasting her time ! I practically had to cry and beg her to listen to the pain I was in for her to take me seriously. Pretty much dismissed me immediately without asking one question about my condition. She must have stopped caring about her patients or more focused on the money. I ended up feeling lost after each appointment and she was no help whatsoever! Very condescending too! When I first started going to her, she told me she doesn't like to overmedicate if not necessary but by the end of my time with her, I felt like she was writing prescriptions for anything just to get me out of her office without even really understanding why I was there in the first place! Not what I am looking for in a doctor - time to move on...Cold, rude, and unhelpful.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2016

Worst family doctor ever you can meet. Condescending and inpatient, abrupt and rude.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2016

Always a minimu 30 minute wait for appointments. And this is someone who charges a late fee!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2016

Horribe, ignorant, worst family doctor ever you will meet! Spends 2 minutes on you and will abrupt the session. Not listening to the patients need! Brings shame to the Albany Clinic.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015