Ratings for Dr. Mary Jane Podnieks

I have had Dr. Podnieks for about four years now when Dr. Axler retired, I had Dr. Axler for over 35 years and was pleased to take Dr. Podnieks for my new family doctor. She has helped me with my health and never rushed me out. I find she is pretty much on time with appointments not that much waiting for me on my visits. Does not over prescribe medications and takes me off those she feels I no longer need. I am very happy to have her as my doctor.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

Worst doctor I've ever dealt with. Rude doesn't begin to cover it. I left Albany clinic because of her and found an awesome doctor (Andrew Chou) at Magenta Health. That's the only thing I have to thank her for. Awful

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

I am surprised at some of these ratings as she has been very helpful. I also was a long time patient of Dr Axler and as much as I loved him he also had his days, they are only human. She has guided me through my illness with care and hugged me on the way out. I like her a lot. She has never been late for me, I come prepared with my questions which might help but she had never made me feel like I am taking up her time.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

Honestly so disappointed with Dr. Podneiks as the years passed. I had only great things to say about her back around 2012 when I first signed on to be her patient. She was very helpful, accommodating, and took the time to listen to you. Then I am not sure what happened but I started to feel more and more that my appointments became shorter and unhelpful. She made me feel as if I was wasting her time ! I practically had to cry and beg her to listen to the pain I was in for her to take me seriously. Pretty much dismissed me immediately without asking one question about my condition. She must have stopped caring about her patients or more focused on the money. I ended up feeling lost after each appointment and she was no help whatsoever! Very condescending too! When I first started going to her, she told me she doesn't like to overmedicate if not necessary but by the end of my time with her, I felt like she was writing prescriptions for anything just to get me out of her office without even really understanding why I was there in the first place! Not what I am looking for in a doctor - time to move on...Cold, rude, and unhelpful.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2016

Worst family doctor ever you can meet. Condescending and inpatient, abrupt and rude.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2016

Always a minimu 30 minute wait for appointments. And this is someone who charges a late fee!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2016

Horribe, ignorant, worst family doctor ever you will meet! Spends 2 minutes on you and will abrupt the session. Not listening to the patients need! Brings shame to the Albany Clinic.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

I have been a patient at Albany Medical Clinic for over 10 years now. I was originally with Dr. Axler, along with my father for a number of years, and he was fantastic. When he retired we were referred to Dr. Podnieks and I couldn't be happier, my experiences thus far have only been positive. From issues surrounding mental health, to physical injuries she has been more than accommodating and understanding of my needs and expectations and trusting in the other health care providers (surgeon, physiotherapists, psychologist etc.) I have chosen for care. She respects my lifestyle and habits and doesn't push anything you are uncomfortable with. I appreciate her honesty, willingness to listen and overall approach to healthcare. As others have stated in their comments, you cannot simply direct blame onto your healthcare providers as you are your number one caregiver. Be proactive, educate yourself, ask questions and listen.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

Dr Podnieks is my family doctor for 4 years. Throughout the years I have found her rude and abrupt. Not listening for all of the issues I had, opening her door, implicating the session is over. Gave the wrong medicine to my daughter. Refused to renew my prescription. I am searching for a new family doctor. Beware!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

So far we are pleased and have no complain, she gained our trust by her knowledge, kindness and caring.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015