Ratings for Dr. Mary Jane Podnieks

Dr. Mary Jane Podnieks is the best General Practitioner i have ever had. Im 41 and have had 4 GP's.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2018

Excellent, caring and compassionate doctor. She seems genuinely concerned for us (my family) as her patient. Takes her time to heat our concerns and I recommend her to all my friends.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2018

I have seen this doctor for a few years and have had several issues. I did not see her often but found that she never asked about prior issues I was having that she was aware of. Her knowledge and advice seems limited and and she did not easily offer up useful or valuable information. She was good with her notes and okay to see for minor issues but I have seen better doctors in the past.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2018

I think the doctors at this clinic are given too many patients - I don't think Dr. Podnieks ever really remembered me even though I was her patient for 5 years. She is very pleasant to talk to but that is pretty much the only pro. She is so fully booked that it takes months to see her, so basically useless for any urgent problems. AND she doesn't take the time to read the chart prior to appointments - on my last visit she said I had no history of cancer in my family, which I do, have told her, and have witnessed her writing down. She also never followed up on past things, such as giving me a scale to rate my level of depression which she said would be repeated on each visit to see how I was doing - she only did it the once and then it was never mentioned again.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

Very nice doctor. I was with Dr. Vardar, who retired. Very happy so far.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

As a patient of Dr. Axler for 35 years, I was expecting the same quality of treatment. What a misnomer. Getting an appointment with Dr. Podnieks within two weeks is exceptional. Currently I have a hubby who has been ill for two weeks and they cannot see him for another week. Unacceptable, but seems to be the norm for her. Very personable, but as a Doctor, I could not possibly recommend her and am looking for another doctor who cares and is more available.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Love her! She's friendly, attentive and listening to all our needs. She has been caring for me and my family for 4 years. Plus she's available on Saturdays which is amazing. Highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

I have had Dr. Podnieks for about four years now when Dr. Axler retired, I had Dr. Axler for over 35 years and was pleased to take Dr. Podnieks for my new family doctor. She has helped me with my health and never rushed me out. I find she is pretty much on time with appointments not that much waiting for me on my visits. Does not over prescribe medications and takes me off those she feels I no longer need. I am very happy to have her as my doctor.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

Worst doctor I've ever dealt with. Rude doesn't begin to cover it. I left Albany clinic because of her and found an awesome doctor (Andrew Chou) at Magenta Health. That's the only thing I have to thank her for. Awful

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

I am surprised at some of these ratings as she has been very helpful. I also was a long time patient of Dr Axler and as much as I loved him he also had his days, they are only human. She has guided me through my illness with care and hugged me on the way out. I like her a lot. She has never been late for me, I come prepared with my questions which might help but she had never made me feel like I am taking up her time.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017